Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

S*** s*** s*** s*** I'm gonna lose my mind!**ETA UPDATE!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 42 Replies
2 moms liked this

MOstof you will probably remember, we started TTC last year, got pregnant right away, and had a long drawn out miscarriage that resulted in me having to have surgery. It was really really hard.

I took my time to heal, we made sure we were mentally okay, and a couple of months ago went ahead and tossed the BC and decided to just "let what will be, be".

I had a positive pregnancy test on Tuesday, got blood drawn to confirm it yesterday. Positive.

I can't get excited yet. I have to wait till tomorrow,get more blood drawn to make sure my levels are doubling like they should. Then I have to have an ultrasound to make sure it's in my uterus this time (last year it was ectopic).

Then, if all looks good, THEN I can get excited.

I'm going to lose my mindby tomorrow morning. I dont know if I want to smile, puke, or cry.

**ETA***

Okay so on friday the stupid lab didnt get the results to my doc, so I had to sit all effin weekend and wait and wait and wait and climb the walls wondering.  We FINALLY got the results back.  My hcg count is LOW, BUT....

.the test on wednesday was a 12.

Its supposed to roughly double every 48 hours.  

Fridays levels.....

56!!!!!

Thats GOOD.  Its not a solid for sure yet that its viable but its definetely a good sign!!!!!!  If its viable im really really really early, so ill be doing another test this coming friday at which point it should be at least 500.

NOW im starting to get excited!!!!!

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pepper504
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Will be thinking of you, Lucky.  I'm happy for you and hoping that all goes well with this pregnancy. 

You're VERY lucky that they caught the ectopic pregnancy when they did.  My mom almost died from hers (internal bleeding almost to death). 

Hugs, my girl and lots of luck!!!

Pero2
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Don't puke, you'll have plenty of puke to mop up in about nine months, no need to add to it!!!

aeELE
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Sending well wishes your way! :) 

I cannot imagine the gamut of emotions you must be running. *hugs* 

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Yeah I know, a friend of mine had hers rupture and had to have emergency surgery :-s

I'm lucky, I have the best OB in the surrounding 9 counties and she doesn't play around with high risk pregnancies, she takes EVERY precaution.

Quoting pepper504:

Will be thinking of you, Lucky.  I'm happy for you and hoping that all goes well with this pregnancy. 

You're VERY lucky that they caught the ectopic pregnancy when they did.  My mom almost died from hers (internal bleeding almost to death). 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM
5 moms liked this

I think you should puke then cry and then smile.  Get it all out of the way now and then try and relax.  Good luck, I hope in 9 months you are posting beautiful baby pics.

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM

This was back in the early 80s.  In fact, my sister was only a few months old when this happened.  Talk about a surprise. 

Again, thinking of you and hoping that all goes well with you & baby. 

Quoting luckystars2012:

Yeah I know, a friend of mine had hers rupture and had to have emergency surgery :-s

I'm lucky, I have the best OB in the surrounding 9 counties and she doesn't play around with high risk pregnancies, she takes EVERY precaution.

Quoting pepper504:

golther
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I know your pain. I have had 3 confirmed ectopic pregnancies. The last one I had was my worst. I hope everything turns out well for you and I will be thinking of you.
Tillymommie
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Good luck. Really weird story, one of my best friends was pregnant around the same time as you post last year. She had a double etopic pregnancy, they almost didn't catch the second one. Now she is pregnant and due in Nov. I will keep you in my thoughts with her.

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Good luck lucky!!!
Frustrated10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Wishing you the best and hope that time passes quickly for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN