Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

them Wal-Mart clothes...seriously?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 46 Replies
Dh woke this am to a text from bm..."please don't send MY child to prek wearing them Wal-Mart clothes" ...wtf? The kid is 4. He goes to prek. He wears jeans/slacks with a tshirt or button down shirt. All fit properly and none have holes in them because I'm super funny on holey clothes. Bm and her bf both do not have jobs. Ss clothes are provided by me myself and i. Yet bm judges because she thinks i should provide an 80 dollar outfit for a 4 year old? Seriously?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM
7 moms liked this
Your dh should have said "I so sorray massa, perhaps you should buy all clothes from now on" bahaha what a silly thing to be upset about!
DDDaysh
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM
12 moms liked this

This falls under the category of texts you just ignore.

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

She must be a Target fan. 

j/k

I'd ignore her.  Beggars can't be choosers.  If she doesn't like the name on the label, she can spend her own money.

ejsmom4604
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Just keep on keepin on. Btw...why isn't your DH providing the clothes? Or is it y'all have a joint account and you are the one to take SS shopping? 

chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM
13 moms liked this
"Oh he is wearing them Dollar Store clothes today. Don't worry!" LOL
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Eh just ignor her. The kid is properly attired so he is fine she doesn't like it she can provide all of his attire from now on.
1SpaZZedMom
by Librarian on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM
6 moms liked this

I'd go to Goodwill just to spite her and, even though it could be name brand - say "btw, I bought the clothes at goodwill..." 

bouncing

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM

My kids step mom is the same way.  She thinks the kids need to look top notch at all times.  Sigh.  They are kids let them be kids.

BioNerd
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM

slapping foreheadEh, ignore. How ridiculous!

bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Joint account. ..I'm the one that does the clothes shopping as long as dh does the grocery shopping! Lol...once she got mad because ss didn't have jeans or a sweatshirt. ..one of the two..this was when they would argue about clothes...you see...dh was obligated to bring a bag of "her" clothes each week without sending" our" clothes back...i got fed up with the back and forth because in my eyes...they were ss clothes. ..i gathered every stitch of clothing the child owned and dropped them in a trashbag or two and had dh give them to her...then went out and bought a new wardrobe for the child.

Quoting ejsmom4604:

Just keep on keepin on. Btw...why isn't your DH providing the clothes? Or is it y'all have a joint account and you are the one to take SS shopping? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)