Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Mother's Day

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM
  • 41 Replies

Poll

Question: So, will anyone have their stepchild/children for Mother's day?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 52

View Results

Mother's Day is coming up! What are your plans?

Sd will be with Bm (as it should be) and I will be enjoying a day of being spoiled by Dh and enjoying our Dd. We have her 1 week every month, so we'll have Sd the last week in May because that's when our Dd's birthday is :)

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM

DH will make breakfast and give me my gifts.  We will go to my Mom's for lunch and then SS's will be home for dinner.  We don't do anything overly special, just spend time together.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM

SD is supposed to go with BM that weekend, but BM doesn't take her visits regularly. BM will email BM and say, "If SD doesn't have plans I'd like to have her on this day/time/whatever." And DH says yes or no (he's never said no so far).

So, if BM wants SD that weekend or even just for the day, she'll have SD.

DS and DDs will be here (as they always are).  Not really sure what our plans are.

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I'm not one that is into "Hallmark" holidays.  I prefer to be appreciated 365 days a year, not just one. 

I have no idea what we are doing.  DH and my parents are both alive and I'm sure that it will be running around for them instead of staying home and doing nothing with DD16. 

Did I already say that I hate "Hallmark" holidays?  UGH

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

DH makes the Mothers' Day plans so I have no idea. SS is with his mother as it should be while DH celebrates his mother and his wife in her role as mother of his favourite children.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM
We will probably have baseball games and track meets that weekend. The day of who knows my boys will be home and obviously dd who knows with dss. He is co'ed to be with bm but 3 of the past 5 years he has been with us as bms choice. If he is with bm great he should be if he is with us great too :).
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM

My Dh's court order says that the kids always go to the mom for mother's day, and the dad for father's day. So I am sure they will see her on mother's day. I don't know whose "weekend" it is (BM gets EOWE), so I don't know if they will be there that weekend. 

I don't really have any plans. But to be honest, all my life (while I've been a mother), my ideal mother's day has been spent without kids. LIke, going out for champaign brunch with just DH. I guess that makes me a terrible mother... LOL.

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I'll send my mom the usual from my brothers and myself--a gift certificate to the local greenhouse where she can pick out all of her flowers/plants for the yard and garden.  

Me?  I will be home alone, sending hubby back home to visit the kids and his family (including his mom).

I will probably plant some flowers myself. :)

DDDaysh
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I'll have DS for Mother's day.  I'll have DS for Father's Day too! 

kimkrys1
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Normally BM gets sons but she is going out of town on vacation.  We are custodial parents.  We will probably go to my mom and dad's house go to church and then have a picnic at the local lake/spillway.  That is all momma ever wants for her mothers day.  The boys have hinted that I will get a "Bubba" cup which is a HUGE thermos style cup.  They got DH one last year for Fathers day.  

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:47 PM

We’ll be spending our first weekend in our new home. We’ll have a housewarming party on Saturday. SS will go to BM’s early on Sunday. We’ll have lunch with DH’s parents, dinner with my mom, then go snuggle on the couch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN