Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Best Summer EVER!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

We're geting SD7 for the WHOLE SUMMER woohoo!!

So I've spent all morning looking up camps (dance, soccer and horse riding) AND ticket pricing for theme parks for the weekends. I live in the DC area but we have family in PA so we have two six flags, kings dominion, busch gardens, and Hershey Park and since I'm active duty I get some discounts to a couple parks. I'm trying to coordinate it so we save the most money we can but I really want her to have a good time. My goal is to make it the best summer ever for her since we only really see her on vacations due to distance.

Any ither ideas or suggestions?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DDDaysh
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Remember, kids do get tired of being constantly on the go.  Make sure there's plenty of her to have down time with Daddy too! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:01 PM

She's only going to half day camp the rest of the day is going to be family time, but I don't want to wear her out either so definately something to keep in mind thank you :)  

Quoting DDDaysh:

Remember, kids do get tired of being constantly on the go.  Make sure there's plenty of her to have down time with Daddy too! 

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

National Aquarium in Baltimore.  The family pass is pricey but there is a lot to do there and the kids love it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM

GREAT IDEA!! I've only been up there once and I love the shopping plaza and restaurants in the area too. Thank you :) 

Quoting Birdseed:

National Aquarium in Baltimore.  The family pass is pricey but there is a lot to do there and the kids love it!

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM

How many summers have you spent with her already?

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Also, not sure where you live, but if for some reason you're in Fairfax County, there's a parks/rec thing that is out now that is awesome.  LOTS of fun stuff to do for the kiddos.

I'm sure other counties hae similar.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Since they moved away this would be the second, before it was an EOW schedule. Last year was kind of a learning experience for everyone on her flying alone and camps and coordinating schedules. She had fun, but I think if we had planned better it would've been more smooth and she could've had more fun time

Quoting pdxmum:

How many summers have you spent with her already?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:22 PM

We're in Charles County, almost in VA so everything is a drive, but I'll definately look into it 

Quoting Birdseed:

Also, not sure where you live, but if for some reason you're in Fairfax County, there's a parks/rec thing that is out now that is awesome.  LOTS of fun stuff to do for the kiddos.

I'm sure other counties hae similar.

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with others.  Make sure she still has plenty of down time to just hang out and bum around.  Even kids need to relax without a set schedule. :)  Otherwise, have fun.  We loved Hershey when we went and older DD is jonesin' to go to Busch Gardens... Though, that stuff gets kind of pricey and, really, one amusement park kind of blurs into the next.  If you're going to spend that kind of money (tickets, gas, parking, food, souvenirs) vary it up. :)

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
We spent spring break with an entire list of things. 7 days of go go go. We had 2 days of down time planned in between. Ds who is almost 6, didn't make it to day 4. He was exhausted. And it kind of ruined it for the rest of us since he was cranky and didn't enjoy the last couple of days. We won't ever do that again. Six flags wore him out. And Lego land which should have been the most fun for him ended up being the worst day ever. Down time is very important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN