Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Another question for BM's

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 27 Replies
If sm got u a Mother's Day card for the kids to sign would u think its weird or would u think its a nice guesture (my bad if I misspelled that lol)

I'm thinking about getting BM a Mother's Day card for her boys to sign. We get along fine. We have had our ups and downs in the past tho. I was thinking about getting the card to do something nice and show her that the past is In the past or would it seem I'm trying too hard?What do u think?
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liltigersmom
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM
You do what you think is best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meggy88
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I help SD make gifts for her mom. BM likes the gifts. If DD had a SM and she helped her make a gift for me, I would consider it a kind gesture.
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Some may appreciate it. Given the way exh gf treats my children, I would not. That is just me though.
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM
If you think BM will like it, go for it!

I, personally, would find it awkward. That's not to say I wouldn't think it was nice and appreciate the gesture. But it would still be awkward. Besides, I have my DH to help DD do Mother's Day cards and what not for me. Perhaps if I was friends with a SM or was single or the NCP, I would feel differently.
pepper504
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I know who got my gifts for me from DD on special days. It's not like you are sending it to her from you, it's from the boys. 

jazzymom760
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Do yourself a favor and don't expect any apprecitation for it. Good Luck!

Mommynwife26
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I personally would think it is a great gesture if I had kids too young to choose something for me. But it all depends on the bm and the way she is.

Tryshx
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Not a BM, but I always ask SS if he wants to make something for BM and leave the decision up to him.

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the situation.  But if the kids pick it out and all you're doing is paying for it?  What's the issue?

My SDs really wanted to put together a flower arrangement for their mom last year.  I took them to the store, bought the flowers they picked out, showed them how to trim the stems, arrange, etc, then turned 'em loose with a few vases from my collection.  They did a great job.  Mom loved them.  And no one was bothered in the least.  The kids did all the work.  I just paid for the stuff.

nissadawn
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I would ask the kids if they would like to get thier mom a card for mothers day or something and take them to pick it out...make it more about the kids

Few years back my ex got a card had his own little note on there and had the kids add thiers....I'll admit it was awkward. You can tell he did it and was his idea, plus he was married at the time so i questioned the out of the blue gesture

With mine for mothers day or fathers day i ask them if they want to and the ones that want to we plan it out. Like with my SD13 its a trip just me and her(her father HATES shopping) to the store of her choice she gets a certian amount of money and free reign. If she wants to go over the amount given within reason we make an agreement like she does a chore that her father normally would do to help him out and "pay" for the extra. And the chore is within reason to what she can do and the amount of extra we are looking at.  She choose how to wrap it and does it herself...Basically i try to make it about her and her doing it I just provide the means. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN