Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Getting married

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Does anyone have any ideas and/or experience to lend on including soon-to-be SS4 in our up coming nuptials?

Thanks!

P.S. I am aware this an Anonymous post. I have my reasons. Just wanted to get that out of the way so we can focus on the good stuff. ;) 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tryshx
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:32 AM
In our wedding SS was the ring bearer and before our vows to each other we each said vows to SS...
percytemp76
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:38 AM

When we got married, my 10 year old SD was my Junior Bridesmaid.  It was perfect!!  Her dress was just like my bridesmaid's and maid of honor's dresses, only hers wasn't strapless, of course.  It worked out great and I was so excited to include her in our special day.  Even now, 9 years later, I don't just call it our anniversary, I also say it is the anniversary of the day we became a family.  She LOVES that and it means alot to my DH that I always include my SD, or as we say, our daughter. 

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:06 AM

My 7 year old walked down the aisle with me.  DH's oldest was a groomsman and his youngest was like a best man.  He stood with Dh and held the rings.  

leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:21 AM
My friend had her son, her DH's SS, as the ringbearer and they all participated in a sand ceremony together, it was beautiful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BioNerd
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Ring bearer?

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM
6 moms liked this

I would also say ring bearer. That is the most important role in the whole wedding, because you can't get married without the rings.

4yo's look so freakin cute in a tux. 

mom2boys664
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
My ds6 walked me down the aisle. My dad is not in my life and it seemed appropriate. I just held his hand as we walked. We got married at home with only 25 guests so not too intimidating for him.

Dh's ds6 and ds4 all stood together and we had a part of the ceremony that included them.
ejsmom4604
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM

My DS was 6 when DH and I got married. He was our ring bearer and he helped us light the unity candle we had. DS and I had one candle and DH had the other. Unfortunately at that time, BM would not allow SS to come because she wasn't invited. (Um yeah so not inviting someone that did everything she could to break us up.) 

At some point in the future when we renew our vows, we are going to include all three kids.

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Will SS4 for sure be allowed to be AT the wedding?  Will you guys have sufficient access to the kiddo to get an outfit purchased?  Probably sound like silly questions, but realistically, seem to be issues in a lot of situations.

If so, I think ring bearer would be great too.  Else, the sand ceremony stuff can be nice as well.  Probably more so for older kids.  (we did that with my SDs)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Thank you very much, everyone, for the input. 

I agree, he will make the perfect little ring bearer! I also plan to explore the idea of a ceremony section/special vows to him with his father. 

We have a wonderful relationship, and I want him to feel what an important part he is to this celebration. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)