Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

One fire out, on to the next one

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:32 AM
  • 6 Replies

Haven't posted in a bit, but I just need to rant a bit. With all the drama, I feel like I have a minute to breathe and say WTF JUST HAPPENED??  I swear, things weren't perfect but they were well on their way. dh and I expected shit to happen, but things were going fairly ok. THAT IS, until I got pregnant. I SWEAR its like OPs lost their damn minds. All of a sudden, BM wanted less time for us, we had to go to court for that, then she called cs and lied about us owing her money, then we had to go to court for that. Then she wanted an increase and for the court to have dh pay her mortgage(I still laugh at this). Of course, we had to go to court for that. Then she went to tell the court the kids weren't happy coming here, had the kids evaluated by a court rep, who found out (finally) that she was alienating them from us and she fucked herself on that one. Then she just started telling DHs family lies and caused a rift between him, his mom, brothers and me. Ugh! Then she started abandoning certain responsibilities.  THEN my ex started his shit in the middle of all this. Not paying cs, banning me from buying meds, skipping visitations and showing up late, bouncing checks at the school, telling dd4 she doesn't have to listen to dh. Now I have to go to court with him. I'm not saying things were great, but things were civil on both sides, with the occasional small drama. All the kids were ok with the pregnancy and now with the baby. I just feel like WTF HAPPENED??  The oldest two have separately said they wish OPs would just get over it. SD11 said it in court! Like I said, it's like a moment of calm before I start court on my end. Did anybody else go through this? I mean what did they expect? We are MARRIED! Are we not entitled to have the choice of having children together, so long as the other children are being taken care of in the same manner they were before? We aren't gonna take away from the other 4 to have our own. It's just utter jealousy, bitterness and ridiculousness. And the sad part is, OPs are in relationships. How does that even make sense?  Please help me navigate this roller coaster! 

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BioNerd
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Well Rosie, it sounds like you have what we call around here a "clusterfuck".

When I was pregnant with YDD, I did not have any of these problems with BM or my ex. She didn't care, neither did he. No drama arose.

I have zero advice for you except to TRY to keep the stress level down, because of the baby. You have to take care of and worry about YOU right now. Believe me I know how hard that is, but you gotta try.

I really do wish you good luck.

ejsmom4604
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM

They say when it rains it pours, but eventually the sun will come out again. I haven't gone through what you are going through. I will say just keep on keepin on. Take deep breaths, vent, and take time for you when needs be. Lean on your DH if possible and remember there are all kinds out there. Unfortunately sometimes we have to deal with the craziest of them at the same time. 

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM

BM went off the deep end with each of my pregnancies. She tried to force herself into the delivery room within 15 minutse of DS being born. With my next 2 pregnancies she used the up coming baby as a way to try to hurt DH's relationship with SD, telling SD how much daddy wouldn't need her anymore and wouldn't love her anymore when he has his new baby. How daddy wasn't going to want to see her anymore once he had his new baby. It was awful. This went on until YDD was almost 4, so over 5 years.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:32 PM

This is great advice.  OP, I hope things smooth out for you soon.

Quoting ejsmom4604:

They say when it rains it pours, but eventually the sun will come out again. I haven't gone through what you are going through. I will say just keep on keepin on. Take deep breaths, vent, and take time for you when needs be. Lean on your DH if possible and remember there are all kinds out there. Unfortunately sometimes we have to deal with the craziest of them at the same time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:52 AM

My stepson's BM went as far as asking what she could do to limit how many kids DH and I have so that her CS wouldn't get lowered and when her lawyer told her that we could have 50 kids and there is nothing she could do about it she got pissed LOL Hope it all gets better for ya

princesskt
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM

THIS...

Quoting ejsmom4604:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)