Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Anyone FB friends with their Skids??

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am :D

Her dad (SO) doesn't have a FB, so mine is ours. She is 14 going on 15 and it's kinda my way of monitoring when she and SD11 need a break from the chaos at home.

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2boys664
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I am with my older skids from my first marriage- they are 20 & 25.
kmur
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

nope, because bm would be all over my page tryn to find things out...i am friends with my kids though

SP_Mama
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM

No, but SS is only 7 and doesn't have FB.

jazzymom760
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM

For that reason, I don't post too much of my personal life or things that include SO.

BM has friend requested me twice. First time I accepted, things started to get messy so I deleted her per SO. Second time, I kindly rejected just to keep things peaceful.

Quoting kmur:

nope, because bm would be all over my page tryn to find things out...i am friends with my kids though

kmur
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

bm has an "agenda" right now per ss13 so no way would i hv her as a friend nor skids, but SO does hv kids on his fb but they can only see certain things due to their mom...i love to post pics and such so therefore if she was my friend it would only start bc...and plus the rule here is all parents hv the kids passwords, so yyeah...no way would i hv them or her as my friends

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM
SS is five, so no facebook for him.

I'm 'friends' with my stepmom. I deleted her at one point, but she threw a fit. She made a new account and tried to add me. I accepted, but I've hidden her from my feed. There's also a request to be listed as my 'mom', which I've been ignoring for over a year.
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Yes SO's child and I are FB friends.  She requested me and I discussed it with HIM first before accepting.  Clearly, he and I are FB friends, so he is aware of the content of my page.  He was fine with it, I accepted, and everything is fine.  I do not worry about her mom accessing my page through her child's, she will or she won't.  Whatever.  There is nothing out there that is shocking or negative, I mean, is she going to get angry about me posting the Motivational Peguin and other positive things to her kid; she could, and I expect that she would take it up to SO and SO would deal with it and I would be none the wiser.  

jazzymom760
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Quoting kmur:

bm has an "agenda" right now per ss13 so no way would i hv her as a friend nor skids, but SO does hv kids on his fb but they can only see certain things due to their mom...i love to post pics and such so therefore if she was my friend it would only start bc...and plus the rule here is all parents hv the kids passwords, so yyeah...no way would i hv them or her as my friends

I totally understand. BM2 has an "agenda" as well. Her and all her kids profiles are blocked so she can't use their profiles to be nosey. Doesn't stop her from opening an alternate acct though. Good thing my acct is air tight. Only way to find out anything is through her kids accts with their sister (the one I'm friends with). That doesn't stop me from posting much though :)

jazzymom760
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Yikes! I've never been a fan of focing relationships. Desperation looks good on no one :/

Quoting progressandjoy:

SS is five, so no facebook for him.

I'm 'friends' with my stepmom. I deleted her at one point, but she threw a fit. She made a new account and tried to add me. I accepted, but I've hidden her from my feed. There's also a request to be listed as my 'mom', which I've been ignoring for over a year.

jazzymom760
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Awesome! I received a friend request from SO's oldest with BM2 once or twice, didn't last long after I figured out BM2 was navigating in the background. Control Freak she is..smh

LoL @the motivational penguin. I wouldn't be surprised.

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

Yes SO's child and I are FB friends.  She requested me and I discussed it with HIM first before accepting.  Clearly, he and I are FB friends, so he is aware of the content of my page.  He was fine with it, I accepted, and everything is fine.  I do not worry about her mom accessing my page through her child's, she will or she won't.  Whatever.  There is nothing out there that is shocking or negative, I mean, is she going to get angry about me posting the Motivational Peguin and other positive things to her kid; she could, and I expect that she would take it up to SO and SO would deal with it and I would be none the wiser.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)