Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

What does your CO say about being late?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 12 Replies
Bm is running late, only by like 40 minutes. Dh wants to ask for makeup time at the end of his time. Right now there isnt anything on being late because they havent had their final hearing so she doesnt have to give him any make up time but for the future he wants to have some kind of make up time in the CO.
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Nothing like that in the CO for the kids in our sitch.  There is often a LOT of fluctuation in P/U and D/O times due primarily to kids' activities.  An hour doesn't seem like a huge deal to me.  But by all means, he could certainly ask to d/o a little later but that kind of tit for tat is more likely to create drama than make things easier I would think.  <shrugs>

Tryshx
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM

There's no repercussion or make up time in ours for being late as long as the parent that's late give adequate notice before the lateness occurs...

kmur
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM

my SO and the bm meet at a location...if either one of them is 30 min late ,they can leave and go about their business and the one that was late has to make arrangements to pick/drop child up/off....

feliciasmith
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Dh and bm meet at a location too. The only reason he wants a specific write out of being late is because bm has a past of keeping ss from him and she will be sweet and nice then turn around and be a mega jerk. So he just wants it to keep things consistent

Quoting kmur:

my SO and the bm meet at a location...if either one of them is 30 min late ,they can leave and go about their business and the one that was late has to make arrangements to pick/drop child up/off....

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I agree with Bird. I think it's just going to be seen as petty and picky. Is the hour really worth it?

We don't have anything like that in our CO, but that kind of flexibility seems to be mutual.
SP_Mama
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Nothing that I know of.  The receiving parent does the transportation so if they're late, I guess they just lose that time.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM
When parents have limited time with their children, losing 40 minutes is a big deal. A consistent pattern of being late due to a parents lack of planning really sucks. I live 5 minutes from BF, he can plan better and be here on time. Which he has gotten much, much better at

Our CO is unique in that we had an addendum list of rules, things I call basic courtesies like timeliness and planning. We had a three strike rule - break a rule three times in a certain period of time and lose visitation until mediation. It became necessary because BF simply would not adhere to agreements. It was like he needed to be treated like a child with consequences. He lost visitation once and then never again so I would say it worked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2zac2006
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM

There isn't anything in ours. We have her every other week and bm usually wants us to pick her up early or she wants her late. The pick up/drop up time is rarely EVER followed for this reason...like we had to pick her up last night at 930pm cause bm was 'sick' but when we showed she seemed all happy and bragging how she's now kid free for the weekend....anyway, I would see about putting something like if either parent is going to be more than ___ minutes late the party running late has to drive the entire distance. If she's making a habit of it I'd defiantly add something in.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I think fussing over 40 minutes is petty however considering her history, you have reason for concern and so I would put in some make up time for lateness over 30 minutes.

babyjen314
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Our says nothing if you give 24 hr notice. Which always isnt possible. If your late and dont give notice, you have to pay for expenses occured. When SO told BM he'd be late days in advance because his hours changed (2 hours later than CO) she withheld custody an extra 24 hours. For 11 weeks straight. We have yet to get those 11 days back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN