Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

OMG!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM
  • 35 Replies

My SS is currently in bed screaming bloody murder because I made him go to bed...now before everyone gets all pissed my ss is 2 he just spit in my face tried to smack me and kicked me in the stomach (I am 8 mo pregnant) i recieved this behavior why??? because i tried to remove him from crawling on the back of the couch and he didnt want me to.... If my bio acted like that i would have beat her ass.

Photobucket
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I'm the same way, if my stepkids do something they know is against the rules, and if they don't want to listen....I make them go sit on their beds.

My sd11 can be very violent if anyone touches her in ANY WAY when she's being reprimanded. I hope his father was able to get through to him that this sort of behavior is unacceptable.

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Let him scream. It's not gonna hurt him.
jadedprincess
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM

unfortunatly his dad is at work and has been since about 10 am and wont be off until about 2 am he works doubles every weekend all weekend and i am alone with ss.  

Quoting Tigress22304:

I'm the same way, if my stepkids do something they know is against the rules, and if they don't want to listen....I make them go sit on their beds.

My sd11 can be very violent if anyone touches her in ANY WAY when she's being reprimanded. I hope his father was able to get through to him that this sort of behavior is unacceptable.

Photobucket
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Quoting jadedprincess:

unfortunatly his dad is at work and has been since about 10 am and wont be off until about 2 am he works doubles every weekend all weekend and i am alone with ss.  

Quoting Tigress22304:

Are you on good terms with BM? SOrry i don't know your situation. I know in my situation, if I can't handle the kids, and DH is unreachable-I can call BM.

jadedprincess
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:04 PM

it wouldnt do any good to call her the women on that side let the kids do whatever they want whenever they want the only disipline those kids get is from one of the uncles and the grandpa.  If BM would let us change the days we have him this would be a non issue because we could have him on DHs days off every week but she likes her free weekends.  we get him every weekend.  

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting jadedprincess:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Are you on good terms with BM? SOrry i don't know your situation. I know in my situation, if I can't handle the kids, and DH is unreachable-I can call BM.

Photobucket
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I do not envy you. 2-5 has been the worst age range for all of the kiddos.

Good luck. 

jadedprincess
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM

thanks i'm going to need it aparently.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

I do not envy you. 2-5 has been the worst age range for all of the kiddos.

Good luck. 

Photobucket
BioNerd
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Ehh he'll get over it. You're bad? You go to bed! A kid's life story! lol

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Let me guess. You are new to dealing with toddlers, right?

This is normal toddler behavior. Not "OMG" worthy.

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

What is your DH's/BMs position on you disciplining SKs?  

I personally would not allow a child in my home that I was not able to treat the same as the rest.  Every kid who walks through my door is subject to the same rules and discipline.  So if you are not able to do that with your SS, maybe your DH needs to make other arrangements, such as working his doubles during the week so he can be off during that time, or allowing you to properly discipline your SS to put an end to that bs in your home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)