Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

i dont know what to think

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM
  • 17 Replies
My step son is 8 and I have 3 kids and me and my husband have a son together. I love my step son to death but there are times he comes over and he is so mean to me. I think some times my husband treats him different then other kids but he don't see it. My step son gets away with so much more then the rest of our kids. I really don't know what to do or think my husband just gets mad when I talk to him about it. What should I do?
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter has been a raging ball of hormones and meanness today. It is very out of character for her. I've had to put her to bed twice this weekend and I rarely ever have to do that. Kids go through phases. I wouldn't take it personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmur
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM

BUMP!

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Is he just "mean" to you? Or the other kids as well? What does he do that is mean? How often is he there?

If it is just you that he is mean to, maybe you need to find an activity for the two of u to bond.

I thought my Dh was mad when I talked to him about things. But eventually he told me he is just as frustrated with my sd's behavior as I am. He hated talking about it because he felt like he didn't know what to do anymore. They share 50/50 and he feels like as long as SD goes back and forth and as long as bm is slack as a parent(his words) he doesn't feel it will change. It just keeps getting worse. Everything we do is undone once she goes back to bm.
DenversMommy07
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:07 AM
Just me. I will ask him to.do something like to get dressed or pick a toy. He talks back. Or last weekend when we had me he wouldn't eat his breakfast cause he said his dad will go buy him breakfast. Like I said I love him like he was one of my own that I give birth to but I don't like how he acts towards me.
amantonacci
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Maybe stepping back and only letting dad deal with him maybe best for now
DenversMommy07
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:30 AM
I thought about that but dad works 7 days a week and I have him in the morning times on the weekend. Plus its not like I am a new woman in dads life we have been together for almost 3 years now.
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:09 AM

For one, quit talking to your husband about it. He is NOT your sounding board on this situation. He is that childs father. Keep that in mind and find a friend or counselor to gripe to.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Quoting DenversMommy07:

I thought about that but dad works 7 days a week and I have him in the morning times on the weekend. Plus its not like I am a new woman in dads life we have been together for almost 3 years now.

Maybe your SS should come over later for the afternoon, when dad is home, in stead of staying over for the weekend.

tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I had a counselor tell me boys are the meanest at 4th and 5th grade.  My son was 9 then.. so I am still working through it.  He had the attitude he didnt have to listen to no one.  Just keep letting him know whats not appropriate.  Dont expect anyone else to do it for you.  My DS has learned what he can get away with and from whom.   He is 8.. he needs to be respectful it does not mean because he has a bm that he can treat adults like that.  I would ask him the next time he is mean to you "do you talk to your teacher like that?"   I bet he says no.. because he knows its not allowed.  He gets away with it at home.  The teacher if the boy spoke to her in a mean way wouldnt really run to the principal she would address it directly and put the child back in his place.  Kids need to learn respect.. by allowing it at home is promoting the behavior.

DenversMommy07
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Yes that's the point he is his father he is the one who should tell him that is not allowed in our house. He would tell other kids that in a heart beat. And if I can talk to him bout who can i .

Quoting baparrot2:

For one, quit talking to your husband about it. He is NOT your sounding board on this situation. He is that childs father. Keep that in mind and find a friend or counselor to gripe to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)