Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
My step son is 8 and I have 3 kids and me and my husband have a son together. I love my step son to death but there are times he comes over and he is so mean to me. I think some times my husband treats him different then other kids but he don't see it. My step son gets away with so much more then the rest of our kids. I really don't know what to do or think my husband just gets mad when I talk to him about it. What should I do?
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Replies (11-17):
aeELE
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:06 AM

You recommend that OP shouldn't have open lines communication with her life Partner? She is not Griping; she is discussing her daily life as it pertains to her Husband's child. Shutting down communication is the least healthy thing possible for her marriage. 

OP, nothing will change in your home unless you and Your DH have clear expectations regarding your interactions with SS. If you are to care for SS in your DH's absence then he needs to make it clear to SS that you are a "parental figure" and are to be heeded. If your DH is not willing to do that, or you are not willing to take on the responsibility, then he should probably find alternative care for SS on your mornings.  

Open communication w your DH is the best way to solve your dilemma, IMO. If you cannot get there on your own as a couple, there is always counseling. 

Good luck. 

Quoting baparrot2:

For one, quit talking to your husband about it. He is NOT your sounding board on this situation. He is that childs father. Keep that in mind and find a friend or counselor to gripe to.

macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Lets face it.  Kids can be mean sometimes.  Is it possible you are just more sensitive when it comes to ss, than your own kids?

DenversMommy07
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:18 PM
U know it meant be that because he was not always like that towards me and my other boys are mean all the time but I don't know maybe its because of the new baby

Quoting macbudsmom:

Lets face it.  Kids can be mean sometimes.  Is it possible you are just more sensitive when it comes to ss, than your own kids?

macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, so try not to take things so personally and/or give ss the benefit of the doubt when you can.

Best wishes to all of you.  = )

Quoting DenversMommy07:

U know it meant be that because he was not always like that towards me and my other boys are mean all the time but I don't know maybe its because of the new baby

Quoting macbudsmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM
It may be the new baby. My oldest sd started being very clingy and saying rude things to me after the baby was born.

Quoting DenversMommy07:

Quoting macbudsmom:

DenversMommy07
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Baby isn't born yet but if I think about it he started acting like that when we find out I was having another baby
Tx_stepmom
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM
When SS is angry with his mother, he takes out his frustration out on me. It goes with the territory. I don't put up with being the target. We try to find a more constructive way to express his anger. There are times when DH hasn't backed me up and condoned what SS does. That's about the same time I go on strike. No laundry, meals, etc....get done for either of them. I do a lot for both of them. It's my way of "gently nudging" them to wake up....lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)