Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

2 for me, 3 for DH. Who's side are you on? (silly post, just having fun!)

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 23 Replies

Just curious.  Have you ever met someone who calls you relentlessly?  For instance, at any given moment, I may grab my phone and there could literally be 7-8 missed calls from DH.  No voice messages, no calls in my office, no texts...just multiple missed calls within like a 5 minute time span. 

That seems psychotic to me.  If I call someone and they do not answer, I leave a message or send a quick text.  If its urgent, then I will especially make sure BOTH of these things are done, and I leave it at-that.  I do not sit there, utilize my precious time and continue to call someone who's not picking up.  That's NEVER the option I choose.  NEVER. 

DH disagrees and says I'm the looney one.  He's just checking on me and wonders why the hell I never answer my phone.  But he's acting like I sit there and HEAR my phone ringing and not pick up.  When I don't answer, there's a reason.  Everybody knows that when I'm in court, my phone isn't on.  When I'm in the office, I'm usually in client meetings or on my office phone.  Plus, the reception sucks inside my office building.  With that said, my WHOLE family know how to reach me.  If I'm cooking downstairs and SD is calling my phone which is upstairs, then guess what?  I don't answer.  She'll finally call the land line, but only after about 8 calls to my cellie. 

Saturday night, DH called SD like, no kidding, 5xs within 2 minutes.  I know because I was laying on his lap and kept hearing her voicemail pick up.  I thought it was a TV commercial or something (you know how they replay the SAME commercials late at night?!).  Then I jumped up and said "a ha!  That's where she gets that crap from!  Why are you calling her like a crazy person?! As much as she checks her phone, leave a message & keep it moving!" We laughed and then he tried to down-play it like he's not a nutcase for doing it.  Lol! 

Does it make the person answer faster?  No.  Does it only frustrate you, the caller?  Yes.  So why do it?

Someone ignoring your calls is one thing and not what I'm talking about here.  Again, these are legitimate missed calls, from the same person, without any message or text, just REPEATED calls.  Ugh, that's crazy as hell to me.  How about you?  2 of our friends agree with ME (yay) and 3 agree with him (we had card night & took a poll, lol)

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TJandKarasMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you.  lol.  When my DH calls and I miss it, I usually get 2 missed calls bc I never hear my phone so he thinks he should try again (umm.like I might hear it the second time in 5 seconds?!)  I think it's a bit psycho to call the same person 8 times in 5 min, obviously they aren't answering for a reason...in your situation most likely because you can't or you didn't hear it-legitimate reasons. 

I am much better at hearing my text tone and answering texts than picking up the phone anyway, lol.  Your DH is crazy and he's making your SD crazy to, lol, j/k but really, it's bad etiquette I think to just keep calling.

kmur
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

lol, YES ITS ANNOYING!!!!!!!.....my SO does this sometimes, and then once I do answer, he says"hey whats up?"..really?!?!?.....so i guess your now 3 for 3 lol

kmur
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

lol, my Dd14 is this way....I can call her ph and no answer, but then if i text her right after , THEN I get an answer lol

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I agree with you.  lol.  When my DH calls and I miss it, I usually get 2 missed calls bc I never hear my phone so he thinks he should try again (umm.like I might hear it the second time in 5 seconds?!)  I think it's a bit psycho to call the same person 8 times in 5 min, obviously they aren't answering for a reason...in your situation most likely because you can't or you didn't hear it-legitimate reasons. 

I am much better at hearing my text tone and answering texts than picking up the phone anyway, lol.  Your DH is crazy and he's making your SD crazy to, lol, j/k but really, it's bad etiquette I think to just keep calling.

WorkingOT
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

HA HA HA!  I told him he's making her crazy too, lol!  He got all into his feelings, it was so funny!  I swear my SD gets it honest because both DH & BM do this and it drives me NUTS.  No, it drives THEM nuts because my methods don't change - if I hear it and can answer, I do.  If not, I don't.  They're the ones stressing out over it.  They KNOW how to reach me at work; they just like talking to me I guess, lol.

My DH will be like "what's up, honey.  I love and miss you etc."  I'm sitting there with a blank ass stare on my face because I missed 8 calls from him and all he wants to do is say "whassup?!"  I'm laughin all over again, thanks ladies! 

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Urghhh. Yss let's his phone ring and ring. OSS gets pissy and tried to answer it bc he had 15 missed calls and yss got mad! Um...then turn your phone off or answer! Lol.

My dh never leaves me a message. I am the type ,if u don't answer you will get a text message about my phone call or a voice message. I don't call back. (Well My mom doesn't know how to use her cell phone so I do keep it ringing for her)

I think it's irritating also. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramita
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Doesn't bother me. Both my DH and I usually call 3 times back to back then leave a voicemail. This is with each other though. With other people we call once and leave voicemail or send text message.
DDDaysh
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM

If it's super urgent I might call back to back to let them know they REALLY need to answer, because not everyone will check a text or VM right away. 

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:47 PM
To me your missed call is your voicemail. If I see its my family calling with a back to back I will then drop all to answer it cause something is up...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CodeBlue
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

If someone was calling me that many times in that span of time...There had better be an emergency happening.  You are correct. 

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I hate VM.  My friends and fam know that if they are calling to just chat, call and I'll see your missed call and call you when I can.  If they leave a VM, I assume there's an emergency.  Else, don't leave me a VM.  It takes me as long to listen to that as to call you right back.

Unless a call comes in late at night (like 10PM to 6am) I assume it's NOT emergent unless someone calls twice in a row or leaves a message.  I do not wish to be tied to my phone 24/7.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)