Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

sd bday gift needs opinions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
SD is turning 13 next month. There is a pitbull kesha concert that she would absolutely love to go to. We live 6 hours away from SD the concert is halfway between bm and our city. DH is deployed so he cant take her so it'd be up to bm. My question ...

Would you buy tickets for just SD and a friend and let bm get her own or would you also get one for bm? What's appropriate in this scenario. Also I would be willing to take SD but I don't want to step on toes cause this is one of those first that I'm sure bm would love to have with SD.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Personally I"d ask BM, and ask her opinion
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Because if anyone bought tickets for my 13 year old for a concert 3 hours away from me and I had to deal with the fallout when she couldnt go, I would be pissed.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Yerp bm"s sister learned this lesson the hard way

Quoting pdxmum:

Because if anyone bought tickets for my 13 year old for a concert 3 hours away from me and I had to deal with the fallout when she couldnt go, I would be pissed.

Quoting Tigress22304:

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Yah, because there is no way I am driving 3 hours for a Keisha concert.  One way.

DD18 saw gaga in January.  She got up at like 4:00am to get in costume (she made the meat dress), take a bus from Seattle to Tacoma, get in line to get a number to come back later for admission to the Little Monster pit by the stage.  She was 10' from gaga on the floor.  She thought it was worth it.  No way I would have done it for her.  I'm not that nice a mom!  I wish I could figure out how to post a picture...

Tigress22304:

Quoting pdxmum:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Sd"s big thing is those boys....one direction.
I dont do concerts. She was begging to go see them, but im not up for being among a bunch of teenyboppers screaming

Quoting pdxmum:

Yah, because there is no way I am driving 3 hours for a Keisha concert.  One way.

DD18 saw gaga in January.  She got up at like 4:00am to get in costume (she made the meat dress), take a bus from Seattle to Tacoma, get in line to get a number to come back later for admission to the Little Monster pit by the stage.  She was 10' from gaga on the floor.  She thought it was worth it.  No way I would have done it for her.  I'm not that nice a mom!  I wish I could figure out how to post a picture...

Tigress22304:

Quoting pdxmum:

Quoting Tigress22304:

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I posted the pic elsewhere...

I don't do arena concerts.  We have a great outdoor venue here.  Saw The Decemberists and Neko Case last summer.  Seeing fun this summer.

We also always go to Folklife in Seattle every year.  

So I like music...

Quoting Tigress22304:

I dont do concerts. She was begging to go see them, but im not up for being among a bunch of teenyboppers screaming

Quoting pdxmum:

Tigress22304:

Quoting pdxmum:

Quoting Tigress22304:

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:59 AM
The polite thing to do when gifting tickets is to buy two. Also you should contact bm and make sure she is allowed to go if you get her tickets. My 13 yo wouldn't be going to see a pitbull Kesha concert, I don't care who bought the tickets. They are embarrassments to the human race.
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Quoting MommySabs:

The polite thing to do when gifting tickets is to buy two. Also you should contact bm and make sure she is allowed to go if you get her tickets. My 13 yo wouldn't be going to see a pitbull Kesha concert, I don't care who bought the tickets. They are embarrassments to the human race.

I have no idea who that even is, but I wouldn't drive 3 hours to take my 13yo to a concert. 

If you bought one for her and her friend, do you think BM is going to appreciate driving her 3 hours AND buying her own ticket?

These tickets would be returned to you with a thanks but no thanks.

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Quoting pdxmum:

I posted the pic elsewhere...

I don't do arena concerts.  We have a great outdoor venue here.  Saw The Decemberists and Neko Case last summer.  Seeing fun this summer.

We also always go to Folklife in Seattle every year.  

So I like music...

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting pdxmum:

Tigress22304:

Quoting pdxmum:

Quoting Tigress22304:

I enjoy music too, its just the stuff I listen to isn't exactly her cup of tea lol

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:13 AM
WIKN you aren't missing out trust me! Mom definately needs a heads up before buying anything like this. I would drive 3 hrs for a good concert but not this auto tuned trash.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Quoting MommySabs:

I have no idea who that even is, but I wouldn't drive 3 hours to take my 13yo to a concert. 

If you bought one for her and her friend, do you think BM is going to appreciate driving her 3 hours AND buying her own ticket?

These tickets would be returned to you with a thanks but no thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)