Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

i hate fb drama especially when my name is being dragged in it!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Husband sister and i arent close. Sil is very much close to his ex. Doesnt really bug me.i live my own life.my own circle of people.well shes deployed to other country and this summershe bought plane ticket for sd and bm. Thats fine. But husband made a comment on her fb saying he took care of sd visa and passport and asked when will she send mine dd and ds plane ticket..she answered who volunteered her.. It kinda ticked me and dont know how id feel or react.i know the reason why husband said it but i wish he didnt. How would u react ladies?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Sm bump
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM

So...are you all going or just BM and SD?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Bumbumbumppp
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Just bm and sd

Quoting SassyMom25:

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:16 AM

It's cattiness on both parts.  We all know that if SIL sent tickets for you all to see her, y'all would not go.  He was poking her KNOWING her response/answer.  I would have just left it all alone.  Some people (and yes, that means family) just do not need to be entertained. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM
The thing is sil doesnt invite him even before we were married its always bm with the kids.and now were married and have 2 kids she still doesnt invite him and us too.husband maybe feeling sil has favoritism.but i really dont care.my kids dont care.shes hardly ever here .

Quoting pepper504:

It's cattiness on both parts.  We all know that if SIL sent tickets for you all to see her, y'all would not go.  He was poking her KNOWING her response/answer.  I would have just left it all alone.  Some people (and yes, that means family) just do not need to be entertained. 

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this

If SIL wants to bring out BM and SD, that's fine.  I don't see the issue.  You say you're not close to her and you're fine with that.  Why would you expect that she'd shell out money to fly you guys out?

I must be missing something.  Why would you even WANT to go if you don't like her?

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Just bm and sd

Quoting SassyMom25:

I would tell DH to leave the other kids out of it. She is the one missing out on them. Maybe you all could go someplace with your kids while BM and SD are at SILs?

Also, maybe SIL is trying to make up for SD being a COD? I know that my MIL has some favortism to SS11 as he is her only grandchild (out of 9) that is a COD. Just a thought.

bottomline
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

DH should just let things go. You and SIL don't have a great relationship, so be it. Sometimes "family" relationships are the most strained because of all the expectations involved. Just because she is your SIL doesn't mean you 2 have to be best buds. I know you get that, but your DH needs to be alright with it. He may feel bad because it's his sister and he some how feels almost responsible. But he isn't, she is an adult. Have a discussion with DH that his statement may have actually worsened the situation. Ask him to please not do it again. 

aeELE
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I don't think OP expects SIL to pay for them to go out there; I don't think OP is even saying she wants to go.

What got from this is OP is ticked it was put out on a public forum like fb and she's venting- which I completely understandable, IMO. And polling the community for reactions if in her place.

Quoting Birdseed:If SIL wants to bring out BM and SD, that's fine.  I don't see the issue.  You say you're not close to her and you're fine with that.  Why would you expect that she'd shell out money to fly you guys out?I must be missing something.  Why would you even WANT to go if you don't like her?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN