I hate to post and run, but I JUST came across this and wanted to hear your thoughts.
A STEPMOTHER'S BILL OF RIGHTS
1. Our marriage is our first priority, and we will address all issues together.
2. I will be part of the decision-making process in my marriage and family at all times.
3. People outside the immediate family - including ex-wives, in-laws and adult children - cannot make plans that affect my life without my consent.
4. I will not be responsible for the welfare of children for whom I can set no limits.
5. I must be consulted about which children will live with us, when they can visit and how long they will stay.
6. I will not be solely responsible for housework; chores will be distributed fairly.
7. I will be consulted regarding all family financial matters.
8. Others may not violate my private space at home, nor take or use my possessions without my permission.
9. I will never be treated as an "outsider" in my own home.
10. My husband and stepchildren must treat me with respect.
deeds of ordinary folk that keep
the darkness at bay. Small acts
of kindness and love. ❞
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit