Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

HUMOR ME .....

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 35 Replies

What made you join stepmom Central?

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I was looking for a step-moms support group that wasn't full of psychotic women that hated their step-kids for simply existing.

I was in a myspace group way back when for step-moms and all that anyone ever talked about was how horrible the step-kids are and how much better their life would be if their DH would just stop taking visitation or let the SF adopt them. It was really really sad.

Unfortunately, it seems that a majority of step-mom forums are full of those same women. At least there's quite a few in here that aren't psychotic. 

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I wanted to read about other people's issues so that I could compare my own to see how crazy or normal my issues really were. 

Happily Married | BM to DD13  DD13  DD11 | Mom to DS7 & DS3 | CP | Not a SM

DDDaysh
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Join?  I haven't joined.  ;-)

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Two reasons.  First, sanity check.  There are no divorces or step situations in my family to compare notes with, so it's nice to have some place to go to bounce ideas around.  Second, to share some of my own experiences since I wouldn't wish some of the pitfalls I've encountered on others.  If there's anything I can share to make another SM's journey a little easier, then time spent here is worth it.

Pero2
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

The bitches did!

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Haha. This. And I really needed a place to bitch about the BM so I wasn't "gossiping" in real life.

Quoting KnowItAll:

I wanted to read about other people's issues so that I could compare my own to see how crazy or normal my issues really were. 

newstepmom61811
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I completely delved into a pool of confusion after one of the PUs one weekend when BM slapped me after I asked SS to come get ready to get in his carseat...Apparently an overstep worthy of a physical attack in her world...The full weight of her crazy had just begun to unveil itself...I desperately needed help, I was truly dealing with crazy and had to find some boundaries.

jazzymom760
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM

surprise mini

Quoting newstepmom61811:

I completely delved into a pool of confusion after one of the PUs one weekend when BM slapped me after I asked SS to come get ready to get in his carseat...Apparently an overstep worthy of a physical attack in her world...The full weight of her crazy had just begun to unveil itself...I desperately needed help, I was truly dealing with crazy and had to find some boundaries.

aeELE
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Community.
I have an awesome support network and can count on them for anything, but there are no other SMs. They listen and offer what advice they can, but they don't really understand...
So that's why :)
To learn and grow and vent about SM-hood w other women who get it.
I wasn't expecting to find so much negativity here, but it doesn't out weigh the goodness, IMO.
pepper504
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this

What made me join CM, in general, was the issues that were DH's exwife.  I've NEVER witnessed anything like DH's exwife.  My ex and I get along well and there were really no issues that I had to seek help with in regards to him. 

DH's exwife is a special breed of crazy.  I needed to figure out how to handle her when she came into my house via a little boy 10 days a month. 

I know that it has nothing to do with me personally, because she's batshit and would be the same way towards ANYONE that was with DH. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN