Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SD wants me to go - not BM! #ohhell

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

SD16 has fallen out with her BFF again, lol.  I'm not laughing really, but as you know, teenage-girl-crap is never-ending!  Well, the sky is about to fall because her BFF, along with 3 other girls called her last night & railroaded her with their individual & collective "gripes." 

My SD is very methodical, analytical and careful to choose her next moves, regardless if its at home, or with her friends.  Anyway, she called me & told me the WHOLE, 2HOUR run-down....right as I was watching the Knockout Rounds on The Voice, lmao!!! 

Then she goes, "I want us and our mothers to sit down at a restaurant or park somewhere and talk.  That way, our moms are there to hear all parts of the story."  I was like "that's cool, but I doubt if it gets that far.  Just stand your ground, be truthful and apologize babydoll."  You know the usual advice. 

Then she goes back to, "it'll be me, you, X friend, X friend's mom...."  Wait!  I said "you're talking about ME going with you?!"  She said "yeah, silly.  I don't want my mom going - yuuuuuck! She doesn't know what's going on!"  All of a sudden, Adam Levine no longer had my attention and I was like "really?  No seriously, those other moms KNOW that I'm not BM and I'm not trying to step on your mom's toes.  Have you told her all of this?"  Of course the answer was "no"...and her mom was in the very next room. 

Long story short, afterwards, I told DH and he said it probably won't get that far, but because SD asked me to go indicates what I represent to her and what her own mom represents.  I disagree partially, and I would never go to a roundtable like this without BM knowing about it, saying she could NOT go etc.  But then again, how will it make SD feel if I opt out after she came to me?  It would devastate me if the tables were turned and my child asked his/her SM to go meet with other "moms."

Oh hell!  I sure hope those girls kiss & make up soon. 

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:31 PM

TRAINwreck!  OMG.  LOL  

mamakenzi
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Ah teen girl problems. I'm so in your position now! It's hard and uncomfortable and all at the same time you feel honored.
afwifeandmommy3
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:52 PM
God I'm so glad I'm not a teen anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I would never participate in that. I would tell her, if this friend is that high maintenance, cut her loose. I would not participate in 16yo' drama.

maybe that's why she doesn't want her mom to go. It's possible what you represent to her, is someone who will undulge her 16yo drama, wheras her mom would not.

But I don't know your story so I can't say.

bottomline
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM

It's great that you and SD have such a close relationship that she shares her life's happening with you and asks for advice. It shows that you 2 have worked towards mutual respect and it's fantastic to see it.  I need more information regarding why the "moms" are getting involved? Why can't the girls work things out amongst themselves?

DDDaysh
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM

uh, ya, nope

Parents should stay out of drama that isn't dangerous. 

WorkingOT
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Oh no, ladies.  I have no intention on doing this.  LIke you all can imagine, something ELSE will happen next week with these girls.  This "meeting" was my SD's idea and to my surprise, she meant for ME to go with her.  Every bone in my body said "heck no!"  But because of the threats made and allegedly stolen merchandise, I think those mothers should be gathered & briefed, but a formal meeting?  Um no.  These chicks will make up by the end of the day. 

I know the other moms and talk to them regularly, and they know how close SD & me are.  But to show up for something like this, I just can't fathom it.  One thing I know SD relies on me to do is end it.  I don't allow things to dwell on; I tend to deal with it head-on and be done.  Just my personality.  Both DH & BM, along with SD call me to fix things with coaches, teachers, credit card companies, bad service at restaurants you name it - lol.  No seriously, I just seem to get 'err done and I believe that's the extent of her asking me about this - not that I'm "into" teenage matters.  At least that's my hope, lol:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)