Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teaching my step children

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 57 Replies
I am a step mother of two children ages 4 and 5. I love them as I love my own children. I been apart of their life for over 3 years. Their father won got the in his divorce cause the mother was abusive to them. Anyways my husband and our three children moved into an apartment 2 months ago. The 5 year old just two days ago has started pooping in her pants and will not tell anyone.she has been potty trained for almost three years now. Does anyone have any advice to help deal with this? We are making her clean it up her self but that doesn't seem to be working. My husband and have a two year old we are trying to potty train and I don't want him thinking its ok for him to poop in his like his sister does. Also the 4 year old had pooped in his pants when we first moved into the apartment but it only took once for him to learn. Please help!!!
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Call her pediatrician and schedule an appointment. 

jennifer31411
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM
For what though? I mean it is to hard her to stop playing and go to the bathroom?
newstepmom61811
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM

As a healthcare provider...not unusual to sometimes see a young child regress 1. when a younger sibling is potty training and 2. when that happens at the same time as another stressor...like a move...like WIKN said...get her checked at a pediatrician's office, keep making her clean her own mess, and go back to potty training her, no diapers but back to a bathroom schedule...make her try to use the pot at regular intervals again... first when she wakes, after every meal (meals trigger the oral-anal reflex, get your bowels going, ever notice how you often have to go about 30 mins after a meal?) and before bed...Good Luck...

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Because it's most likely a medical condition, or stems from a medical condition. The pediatrician will help you understand that.

google encopresis.

Quoting jennifer31411:

For what though? I mean it is to hard her to stop playing and go to the bathroom?

jennifer31411
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Thanks. I think we will try the other things before go to doctor for something as simple as using the bathroom. I mean the thought of going to the doctor had crossed my mind but I feel it will just give her a reward for doing wrong. You know doctors give stickers or suckers and I don't wanna reward her. We will use that as a last thing.
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Apparently you did not google encopresis as I suggested.

Quoting jennifer31411:

Thanks. I think we will try the other things before go to doctor for something as simple as using the bathroom. I mean the thought of going to the doctor had crossed my mind but I feel it will just give her a reward for doing wrong. You know doctors give stickers or suckers and I don't wanna reward her. We will use that as a last thing.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Going to the doctor is a reward???

Suckers and stickers are to make going to the doctor less scary and sticky for little kids.

Quoting jennifer31411:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennifer31411
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Yes I did google I just don't see why go to the doctor now when it could just be pushing her bounderies. But I will be sure to tell her father what you all have said and let him be the one to make the choice.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Apparently you did not google encopresis as I suggested.

Quoting jennifer31411:

pdxmum
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Why did you post again?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennifer31411
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM
What do you mean?

Quoting pdxmum:

Why did you post again?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured