Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Hope I did the right thing

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have recently found out that my 16 year old stepson and his 15 year old girlfriend have been sending each other naked pictures of each other. We talked to my stepson and told him how it is inappropriate and all that stuff but he did not tell his girlfriend that we seen the pictures so she continued to send inappropriate messages to him. he took another pic of himself naked a few days ago that I happened to see on his computer so he now has no access to any electronic devices. He went to school today and still did not mention to his girlfriend that he got in trouble and what for. so later this evening she wrote to him on facebook asking where he was, and I got the message.

This was my reply to her.

This is Jordan's step mom, Jordan has lost all privileges to Internet due to inappropriate messages that were sent back and forth between the two of you. Not sure if you were made aware but all of his messages are monitored. So until further notice he will not be available to chat. And FYI you may want to be careful with the type of pictures you send over the Internet.

this is her reply

Hi Mrs. G******. I understand that you may care less to speak or listen to what I have to say but I just wanted to say I'm sorry. And I am completely Ashamed and Embrassed on what happened. I've never been in a situation like this nor have I ever had inappropriate messages with anyone else and knowing that you were aware of these messages puts me to shame. I assume you may look low of me and I probably deserve it for making a horrible decision of going along with this but I truly am not that type of person. I hope you will not judge me over this. I'm sorry.

me:

I am not judging you at all. I do not think any less of you, I know how teenage hormones are. I just wanted to make you aware. I wish Jordan had made you aware when we first noticed the pictures, but it looks like he didnt. we let it slide the first time and let him know that unfortunately once you put something on the internet it is there and no getting it back. I am in no way upset with you, from what I have heard you are a good girl. I just dont want you or Jordan to get into anything over your head. I had my daughter at 17, so again I understand what it is like to be a teenager. Again, there are no hard feelings. and I dont think any less of you.

Her:

Thank you so much for not judging or thinking less of me because I am not that type of person. I honestly appreciate you for doing this and knocking some sense into us. Jordan never told me that you were aware I also wish had. Dont want to sound stuck up but yes I am a good girl but I made a very big mistake. And no ma'am I dont plan on doing anything I am still clean and plan to stay that way

me:

I hope so, and I know you are a good girl. That is the reason I wanted to tell you rather than involving your parents

her

Yes Ma'am and Thank you for talking to me about this instead of my parents.

If Mr. ***** also knew about this would you mind telling him I'm truly sorry or have him read these messages. And ohhhhhh yes ma'am it will stop! Oh trust me. I dont need to be reminded twice.

What do you all think about this. would you have handled it differently? would you have went to the parents?  What you do if you found naked pictures of your child on the computer?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Replies (21-23):
packermomof2
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Quoting leegirl_jm:

It would be nice if the parents were notified but she really doesn't have an obligation to inform the girl's parents, they should have been more attentive to their kid so they would have found out just like the boy's SM found out. 

She had no obligation to go through her SK"s phone or to punish him, but she did it. 

She has no obligation to anyone's kids but her own and since she's already decided to cross the line and get involved with one child that isn't hers in this situation it wouldn't hurt her to do the same (and, IMO, the right thing) with another person's kid.

When I was 15 I knew how to be sneaky.  Granted, we didn't have cells or anything like that, but if I didn't want someone finding something I made sure it wasn't found out.  Her SK put the picture on the computer and pretty much handed himself to his dad on a silver platter that way.  The girl might be more like I was and make sure people didn't find things out if I didn't want them to know.

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
Thomas Jefferson
to James Madison

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
American Statesman
leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Quoting packermomof2:

Quoting leegirl_jm:

It would be nice if the parents were notified but she really doesn't have an obligation to inform the girl's parents, they should have been more attentive to their kid so they would have found out just like the boy's SM found out. 

She had no obligation to go through her SK"s phone or to punish him, but she did it. 

She has no obligation to anyone's kids but her own and since she's already decided to cross the line and get involved with one child that isn't hers in this situation it wouldn't hurt her to do the same (and, IMO, the right thing) with another person's kid.

When I was 15 I knew how to be sneaky.  Granted, we didn't have cells or anything like that, but if I didn't want someone finding something I made sure it wasn't found out.  Her SK put the picture on the computer and pretty much handed himself to his dad on a silver platter that way.  The girl might be more like I was and make sure people didn't find things out if I didn't want them to know.

She clearly felt an obligation to go through the child of her husband's phone, and she felt an obligation to speak to the other offending party which she did, she decided that after speaking to the girl, she would have left it at that which I would have too, maybe her parents don't seem the receptive type.

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I think that you handled it very well. However, I am with the people that would have contacted the girl's parents.  She could get herself or another boy in a whole lot of trouble with pictures like these and her parents should know what is going on so that they can take steps to make sure the behavior stops.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)