Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

they say for the best interest of the child....hahahaha

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 27 Replies

Poll

Question: stick with your attorny that isnt do any thing?

Options:

would you go to court without a lawyer?

or stick with him and wait until the 7 year old turns 18?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

Hi my name is Joy and i have 3 step children. my store is a long one and it is kind of sad.... here goes.. my kids Yes at this point they are mine because on 12/14/2009 my hubby said he was going to kill his kids and I stepped in and then he tried to kill me and but it gave the kids enough time to get away... my mother called the cops and they came. he was taken away and i haven't seen him since. I was told that a cop would be out the next day to take mine and the kids statements... he never showed... he did not get charged with domestic v. he got charged with biting a cop.... what a message to send to my kids..... after a year he went to prison.... just got out a couple of months ago... me and the kids are in hiding. and DFS said if i could not keep them safe away from there father and all the rest of the kids family that they would come and take them and put them in foster care again. they were in foster care for 3 years before we got them to come and live with us on 9/09.... yes it only a few months before he went on his war path,,,...any way it took over a year to get an attorney.... still nothing filed in court... my kids have  R.A.D. and allot of other problems... but the most of the problem is we don't seem to get any where...

the mom signed over her right to the father and me she don't have any. the father signed a paper before he went nuts saying that he wanted me to do a step parent adoption, and now I'm just waiting for my lawyer.... this is the short story of a very long story

by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildcoyote
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I forgot to put that there is no suport for the children and that I live in Montana and no one knows what to do...

ramita
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Could you get a different lawyer? This sounds like the best option. If not I would be in the clerk of court and DA's office and see chances of going on your own and the process.

Goodluck!!
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you get an attorney that WILL do something if yours isn't? Your story is confusing but I think you want to adopt these kids? Hire an attorney to petition the court to terminate his rights so you can adopt.
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I would interview some more attorneys.  It sounds like time is of the essence.

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on May. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Officers respond IMMEDIATELY as SOP in ALL jurisductions on DV assaults.  They do NOT take statements the next day.  The are obligated to respond and report immediately.  Your story makes no sense.  And do not tell me I do not know what I am talking about - I have extensive experience with DV and also family law as it relates to DV.  

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I agree, you need a new attorney.

ejsmom4604
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Just curious...in her state? Since state laws can vary, though I do believe most are quite similar, and what you stated sounds more like what would happen. 

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

Officers respond IMMEDIATELY as SOP in ALL jurisductions on DV assaults.  They do NOT take statements the next day.  The are obligated to respond and report immediately.  Your story makes no sense.  And do not tell me I do not know what I am talking about - I have extensive experience with DV and also family law as it relates to DV.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

ejsmom4604
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

OP, you need to get a new attorney. Otherwise, if money is an issue go through legal aid. You will need legal assitance with this one. 

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on May. 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM

As a matter of standard law enforcement procedure across the board - ALL reports of DV are responded to in an immediate fashion - regardless of state.

Quoting ejsmom4604:

Just curious...in her state? Since state laws can vary, though I do believe most are quite similar, and what you stated sounds more like what would happen. 

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

ejsmom4604
by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Ahh ok. I wasn't sure, hence the question. I didn't know if they would have sent someone as a follow up after the initial call and the police came. At least I think that is what happened when I read the OP. 

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

As a matter of standard law enforcement procedure across the board - ALL reports of DV are responded to in an immediate fashion - regardless of state.

Quoting ejsmom4604:

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN