Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

need help

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 20 Replies

hi my name is kala and iam a stepmom to 3 kids 2 boys and 1 girl my husband pays child support on all his kids but the mothers dont let him see any of them his boys dont call him dad or have his last name the mother of the boys didnt even tell him she was pregnant i have seen him try to have relationship with his kids and he gets meet with attuited and it makes me mad bc he is a great father i have 3 kids of my own that live with us and we r excepting our 1st child. i just dont know what to do bc i see how much it upsets him and hurts him his kids includeing mine that call him dad mean everthing to him

by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ramita
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Why is he laying child support for these kids? Is he on birth certificates? He needs to document his interactions with the mom so he can show proof he has tried to get visits without going to court. Record EVERYTHING! Copy EVERYTHING!! Then bring this to a lawyer and go to court/mediation. From there continue to document EVERYTHING so that if the mom breaks custody order he can take her back to court. Oh and he needs a VERY detailed custody order so that if she breaks the custody order it is plainly broken and not one of those well it could go either way things.
tigermomma9
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM

thank you we just have to have the money for a lawyer for him and me bc of my kids dad its a night mare

DestinyRoseLC
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:58 AM
this

Quoting ramita:

Why is he laying child support for these kids? Is he on birth certificates? He needs to document his interactions with the mom so he can show proof he has tried to get visits without going to court. Record EVERYTHING! Copy EVERYTHING!! Then bring this to a lawyer and go to court/mediation. From there continue to document EVERYTHING so that if the mom breaks custody order he can take her back to court. Oh and he needs a VERY detailed custody order so that if she breaks the custody order it is plainly broken and not one of those well it could go either way things.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Is there a court order right now? Is he on the birth certificate? Does your state have an attorney generals office that handles paternity and visitation schedules? Has he looked in to a fathers rights group that will help him at no cost or low cost?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:39 AM

Is there a CO?  Go to the her home at the designated time to pick up his kid.  When she denies him, call the police for a a report.  Then file contempt.  You don't need a lawyer for that.

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM
3 moms liked this
What makes him a great father if he never sees his kids? Just curious...
tigermomma9
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:48 AM
no there is not yes he is and we dont have a group like that here we would have to get a lawyer for him and one for me for me and my ex over my kids but thats a whole different subject
Quoting momof2ex1:

Is there a court order right now? Is he on the birth certificate? Does your state have an attorney generals office that handles paternity and visitation schedules? Has he looked in to a fathers rights group that will help him at no cost or low cost?

tigermomma9
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM

he wants to see his kids he wants to b apart of their life but when the mother takes the kids and moves then doesnt tell him where makes it hard for him to see his kids he very much active in my childrens life and when he does get to see his kids he takes as many pics as he can his kids mom has kept them out of his life his mothers who will go out and buy them stuff even though they dont even call her grandma which is not right i was raised not matter what u call ur parents mom and dad your grandparents by their title right along with your aunts and uncles and that is how iam rasie my kids

Quoting KnowItAll:

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm having a hard time reading what you write. Try using punctuation, capital letters, etc. It sounds like he *wants* to be a good dad, but I wouldn't say he is one. Taking pictures does not equal a good parent. And I'm not sure what you meant about calling grandma by her title. Your main issue seems to be his lack of contact with his children and you blame the mother. He needs to go to court and get it worked out and stop blaming other people.

Quoting tigermomma9:

he wants to see his kids he wants to b apart of their life but when the mother takes the kids and moves then doesnt tell him where makes it hard for him to see his kids he very much active in my childrens life and when he does get to see his kids he takes as many pics as he can his kids mom has kept them out of his life his mothers who will go out and buy them stuff even though they dont even call her grandma which is not right i was raised not matter what u call ur parents mom and dad your grandparents by their title right along with your aunts and uncles and that is how iam rasie my kids

Quoting KnowItAll:

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on May. 5, 2013 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Taking a butt ton of pictures doesn't make someone a good father.  

An attorney is not required to file for visitation or to have paternity established.

BM does not have to have the children adhere to the way you were raised.

Quoting tigermomma9:

Quoting KnowItAll:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN