Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

my poor ss

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:54 AM
  • 7 Replies
His allergies are awful right now. His eyes are so red and puffy, he can barely breathe through his nose and to top it off he has a gi bug (which I am praying we don't catch). He is on allergy meds as well as breathing meds and we just bought him child safe eye drops. This kid is ALWAYS sick. Always. We think he has a weak immune system because bm smoked her whole pregnancy. Dh used to tell her to quit and she would say she did and then he would find her out on the patio when hr would come home from work. Anyway, that is just my little rant for the day.
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
VinVanMom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Has he been tested? Is it something in the home?  Pets? Blossoms? Poor kid is he on vitamins?

november117
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:02 AM
He has been a long time ago. He was 6 months old then and 3 now. Bm said she is taking him back to the allergist. He also has stunted growth. They thought he was a midget (sorry that offends anybody) for a long time.

He lives with bm all week and comes to us on the weekends. I am not sure about her house. They don't have pets and supposedly she quit smoking.

He takes vitamins here and we bought some for her to keep at her house but she won't give them. :/

Quoting VinVanMom:

Has he been tested? Is it something in the home?  Pets? Blossoms? Poor kid is he on vitamins?

ramita
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a similar problem as a child, not quite as bad though. My mother was a smoker and she smoked in the home, which is why I had such a problem with my allergies. After she started smoking only in her room it helped some, but once I moved out I've rarely had the problem. I do still get pretty bad headaches that everyone says are just sinus headaches.

Hope your SS gets to feeling better soon!
november117
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Thank you!! My Mom smoked as well so I know how ss feels. I had terrible allergies until I went away to college.

Such a gross and toxic habit.

Quoting ramita:

I had a similar problem as a child, not quite as bad though. My mother was a smoker and she smoked in the home, which is why I had such a problem with my allergies. After she started smoking only in her room it helped some, but once I moved out I've rarely had the problem. I do still get pretty bad headaches that everyone says are just sinus headaches.

Hope your SS gets to feeling better soon!

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww poor kiddo.  I have allergies too and they are really, really bad this year.

I hope he finds some relief soon.

november117
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Thank you!

Quoting amonkeymom:

Aww poor kiddo.  I have allergies too and they are really, really bad this year.

I hope he finds some relief soon.

bottomline
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor kiddo. I have allergies and they are killing me right now. Being around smokers aggravates them for me too.  He may have developed some new allergies that his allergy medicine isn't reaching, so maybe new testing is in order. If bm is still smoking at her house I would think you could smell it on ss or his clothes when he arrives at your house? Once everything blooms and buds and pops out things get better for me, I hope it does for him too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)