Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Bathing/Showering

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 64 Replies

I read in another group about a BM complaining about her son's (who is 5) showering with the boy's SM. (The child fell in the shower and was hurt) Dad sees nothing wrong with this....sm sees nothing wrong with this. BM filed charges against SM and BD.

So, I'm not even going to ask about parental coed showers. personally once the child is 2-3, STOP BATHING WITH THEM! and if the child isn't from your vag/sparm DONT EVEN FUCKING THINK ABOUT IT!

If your kids/skids were younger-would you allow them to bathe together? There times sd12 and dd9 would get in the shower together-sd offered to help wash dd9, I wasn't home, DH thought it was okay, he wasn't comfortable bathing DD9. he called me-I was fine with it.

(For those of you who don't know-my daughter, DD9 aka Princess, is physically and mentally handicapped. She can bathe alone, however she can not be left alone.)

There were times ss6 would be in the bathtub, SD12 and I both have kidney/bladder issues, meaning when we have to pee-we HAVE to pee! DH would close the curtain, we'd go to the bathroom and come right out (only have 1 bathroom). Not a big deal, however some ppl had an issue with us using the bathroom while he was in there.

So, what do you say? Is it okay to share showers/bathrooms?

by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinklebites
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I might get bashed for this but my DD and DS still bathe together, I have offered them to shower separately but they don't want to at this point we just switch from bathes to showers a few weeks ago. BF has a 19 SD I would not like it if she were to bathe with them at all.

amantonacci
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM

batgirl and the babysitters dd take a bath together....

Tillymommie
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM

DS and SS bathe together. They are 3 soon to be 4. I think as a kid I took baths with my friends till 7-8 ish. The parental units always cleared it with the other parental units.

I was actually grateful when we started bathing the boys together though. DS was going through an I hate water and bath stage around the time SS came along. Once he had SS in there with him, it was fun city. They loved it.

abigailsmommy11
by Kelli on May. 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I have recently showered with Sd because I had to get her clean in a hotel room that only had a shower. I wore underwear and a tank top though. I've always given her baths and have showered with her a couple times when she was a baby. I don't see a problem with it, she's 3.5. Sd and Dd bathe together and Dd is 2. There was one time when Dh locked the door while showering and Sd really had to go potty, so Dh got out of the shower unlocked the door and dashed back in. Apparently Sd got a glimpse because she said "Daddy has a tail, Daddy's a puppy". We thought it was hilarious and told Bm about it, Bm laughed but then posted some horrible stuff on Facebook about it later.

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I think that sm thing would be creepy. But I see no issue really w kids bathing together. My friends and I bathed together w bathing suits until 6th grade I think. Now,it'd be different bc you know... Camera phones and Instagram! Lol. I'd be scared to.

My dds and my niece bath together still. But they play in there. It's cute. W bathing suits still.

I used to bath w my bm for a while too. Maybe under 10 ish would be my rule now a days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Our bedroom is "open" and the master bathroom is connected to it. My OSS and yss 13&17 still bah or shower in there while we r in here. Lol. I don't like it but u can't see anything either.

I just don't like the thought that they " might ". My dh let's them come in when I'm in the shower also and I get mad but I do have towels up. U can't see anything. I'd scar them for life w my mom battle scars! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM

sarcasm

batgirl?!

Quoting amantonacci:

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Quoting Tillymommie:

DS and SS bathe together. They are 3 soon to be 4. I think as a kid I took baths with my friends till 7-8 ish. The parental units always cleared it with the other parental units.

I was actually grateful when we started bathing the boys together though. DS was going through an I hate water and bath stage around the time SS came along. Once he had SS in there with him, it was fun city. They loved it.

SD12 is at that weird age where she still wants to have play time in the bathtub...but she feels she cant do it because of her age...however my daughter is mentally a few years younger-and she LOVES playing in the bath...so they do it together. I see nothing wrong with it.

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

If the kids aren't uncomfortable and the parents are okay with it, fine.  

I personally wouldn't be real thrilled with the idea after a kiddo was 5 or 6.  

amantonacci
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM

lol.... Rachel is batgirl, she tells me this everyday!

Quoting Tigress22304:

sarcasm

batgirl?!

Quoting amantonacci:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)