Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOG BM sending certified letter because she is getting married in Fathers Day?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
It is in the CO that DH sees SS7 every Father's Day. Well BM decided to get married that day so BM just called DH to tell him to expect a certified letter. When DH asked her why she said to "cover her ass". Um, exactly what does a certified letter do for anything? And before y'all go jumping the gun and bashing DH, DH already knew BM was getting married that day and DH already said he WOULDN'T BE A DOUCHEBAG LIKE THAT AND WOULD NOT ASK TO SEE SS7 THAT DAY. So why the certified letter from BM? How should DH respond to it?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM

does he get to make that time up

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm guessing that the letter says "son will be with me on Father's day, contrary to the CO, as agreed upon by both parties", or something like that? Putting in writing that he agreed so he can't come after her for contempt?

however, having it in writing only counts if it's from HIM in writing, not from her.

so it's probably a pointless letter. But, I'd let it go - she's getting  married and that is stressful and turns reasonable people into crazy people.

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Like WIKN says... certified letters only really work if the person sending them is the one "aggreeing" in a case like this.  But, I'm sure she's just stressed to the max and is trying to do everything in her power to make sure that the day goes smoothly.  Why are you guys so up in arms over the letter, anyway?  I mean... it's just a letter, DH signs or it, BM sees he got it...???

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this
He wouldn't be a douche if he wanted his son on Father's Day. She, however, is a real *B* for planning her wedding on a day she knows her son should be with his father. Who does that? Shady.

Who knows what the letter is for. It's a waste, and I wouldn't even sign for it. Obviously your husband is being the bigger person, she didn't need to send that letter.
Birdseed
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

He wouldn't be a douche if he wanted his son on Father's Day. She, however, is a real *B* for planning her wedding on a day she knows her son should be with his father. Who does that? Shady.

Who knows what the letter is for. It's a waste, and I wouldn't even sign for it. Obviously your husband is being the bigger person, she didn't need to send that letter.

In response to that in red--Us. 

We planned our wedding on a holiday weekend (Labor Day) so that my family and friends from states and countries away might have a shot in hell of getting there and so that we wouldn't have to to worry about taking our honeymoon on a week we were supposed to have the kids.  (50/50--we weren't even gone for a whole week, we fit it all in to the time we had with the CO)

We cleared getting the kids for ONE AFTERNOON with BM 9mos prior.  

I don't think there's any God given right for a kid to be with a parent on mother or father's day honestly. It's a day. Like Xmas. Or Easter. Or a bday.  Divorce sucks and people have to suck it up and try to make things work.

If no one in the OP's situation has an issue, why would you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM
If BM ALLOWS it. :( I wonder can DH use this same certified method to ensure a make up day?

Quoting Tigress22304:

does he get to make that time up

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM
WIKN, BM has NEVER been reasonable.

Quoting whatIknownow:

I'm guessing that the letter says "son will be with me on Father's day, contrary to the CO, as agreed upon by both parties", or something like that? Putting in writing that he agreed so he can't come after her for contempt?

however, having it in writing only counts if it's from HIM in writing, not from her.

so it's probably a pointless letter. But, I'd let it go - she's getting  married and that is stressful and turns reasonable people into crazy people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Where does it say we are "up in arms"?

Quoting AmericanDream:

Like WIKN says... certified letters only really work if the person sending them is the one "aggreeing" in a case like this.  But, I'm sure she's just stressed to the max and is trying to do everything in her power to make sure that the day goes smoothly.  Why are you guys so up in arms over the letter, anyway?  I mean... it's just a letter, DH signs or it, BM sees he got it...???

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Agreed.

Quoting Anonymous:

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM

LOL.. ok, then getting married turns already-unreasonable people into super crazy people (who send pointless certified letters).

Quoting Anonymous:

WIKN, BM has NEVER been reasonable.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured