Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Ahh Mother's Day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
This is my first mother's day as my daughter's bonus mom. I am really trying hard not to be sad that this day seems to be reserved only for the one who's got some of her DNA... but my emotions are getting the better of me. I know step-mother's day is the weekend after, but lets face it, it still blows.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySabs
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
It shouldn't, it isnt your day to be had, it is for their mom. Celebrate the day that is for you, the next Sunday.
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:28 PM
6 moms liked this

I get celebrated everyday!  HAHA! :P

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Totally agree.

Quoting MommySabs:

It shouldn't, it isnt your day to be had, it is for their mom. Celebrate the day that is for you, the next Sunday.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Could YOU POSSIBLY ELABORATE YOUR FEELINGS A BIT MORE?
SORRY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK LOL
aeELE
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sayin! :D

Try to think positive, OP. You aren't diminished as a person, nor is your role any less important, bc of some day!
Did you know fake smiling releases the same "happy chemical" (dopamine) in your brain as real smiling? It's true. So if you fake smile long enough, your body will turn it into a real one! Just a random fact that I hope improves your day.

Quoting saywhat2102:

I get celebrated everyday!  HAHA! :P

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I guess that basically I feel like all the work, love, and parenting I do is not as appreciated in society as the bio mom's. That's all. I don't think we should take her away from her mother on this day, but it's one of those emotional slaps that, even I know, is a bit irrational. It's especially silly since my husband does a great job at telling me how well I am doing with her and she also tells me that I'm a great mom to her. Damn you hallmark why do I have need need for a card!?!? hahaha
Quoting baparrot2:

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM

*sigh*

He does realize you are not her mom, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess that basically I feel like all the work, love, and parenting I do is not as appreciated in society as the bio mom's. That's all. I don't think we should take her away from her mother on this day, but it's one of those emotional slaps that, even I know, is a bit irrational. It's especially silly since my husband does a great job at telling me how well I am doing with her and she also tells me that I'm a great mom to her. Damn you hallmark why do I have need need for a card!?!? hahaha
Quoting baparrot2:

MommySabs
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM
And again nor should it be recognized in the same way. Instead of being celebrated for being something you arent want to be celebrate for what you are a good stepmom.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting baparrot2:

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:16 PM

How long have you been in childs life? What is the custody arrangement?

Many many men make the mistake of foolishly leading their new wife to believe that they are the kids mom. I am very wary of this type of man. You should be too if this is what he is telling you.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Hey....anon pussy. I read what you wrote before you cowardly deleted it. ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)