Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

providing financially

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this
Forgive me for a random statement . ..too much red wine waiting on dh to come home...
If a man can't or won't provide financially. ..he is labeled a deadbeat scum...but if a bm can't or won't pay cs...oh well poor bm...double standards much?
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amantonacci
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM

sure?

Derdriu
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Sure seems that way at times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny83
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this
It's true. But I consider any ncp not living up to their obligation scum.
kristinbugg
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Any parent who does not pay CS is a deadbeat POS.
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I think the saddest part is the difference in CS calculations in some cases. BF as an NCP would pay $500, where BM as NCP would pay $80. Also, women seem to be much quicker to use nonpayment as an excuse to withhold visitation...in what I've seen anyway.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM
I don't know who is making it a double standard. Any parent not providing financially is a dead beat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Anyone who doesn't support their child is a deadbeat. Man or women...it doesn't matter.

liltigersmom
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I don't always view a deadbeat. By someone not paying cs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

The Department of Child Support sure has a crappy view of NC fathers. DCS was AWFUL to DH for the first 6 months that CS was ordered. Every time he called to speak to his caseworker she was SO nasty to him. Finally he told her, "Look, I'm not trying to get out of paying CS, I just want to know what the heck is going on." She was finally decent to him. He didn't have any issues after that.

He's now CP and BM is ordered to pay CS, she works full time and has no paid a dime in CS yet. I'm willing to bet that DH will never see a dime of it until it becomes time for her to file her taxes. Not only does she not pay CS, but she goes over a month (nearly 2 full months) between visits with SD because she's too busy planning parties at her apartment.

RMCmata
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM
I agree. My ss bm has never paid cs (ss is 10, dh has been cp since he was 2) she never asks if he needs anything and expects dh and I to supply her with what he needs during her visitation. Her reason .
she can't afford him because of the other 3 younger.kids she has And the dh and I have good jobs so should be ok financially. We don't need her $ but offering to help would be nice

Quoting bertaboo1:

Forgive me for a random statement . ..too much red wine waiting on dh to come home...

If a man can't or won't provide financially. ..he is labeled a deadbeat scum...but if a bm can't or won't pay cs...oh well poor bm...double standards much?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)