Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I don't understand???

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM
  • 14 Replies
SS is with BM this weekend. She originally thought she was going to have to work & have her mom watch SS. She sent me a text saying that someone is covering her shift. Then tells me that I can come get SS tomorrow to go with me to my parent's house. WTH? You have an opportunity to spend the day with your only child and instead of enjoying the day with him, you pawn him off onto his SM? As a BM myself, I could not do that to my child. But yet, she accuses us of pushing her out of SS life. She's doing that all on her own! I feel so bad for SS. So, I guess I'll be spending the day with my BS & SS... :O)
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarawags
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Maybe plans on getting tanked tonight and is preplanning for a hangover tomorrow?

:(

Tx_stepmom
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:55 AM

That is exactly what I thought when I read the text.  It just amazes me that she would rather have SS spend the day with me instead of herself.  She always likes to point out that "She's the Mother".  I know that she's the mother.  She doesn't act like it.  Especially when she keeps pushing him (by her actions) towards me.  Sunday is her, "Let's go party night".  She even showed up at the school on a Monday evening for a school meeting still drunk/hungover.  She sat there and told me she was still drunk and thought it was cute!  I think she's a top contender for "Mother of the Year".  

bertaboo1
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Eh...let it ride...sometimes trash will always be trash...but maybe. ..just maybe...she will grow up and show responsibility
Tx_stepmom
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Oh, I am.  It's just disappointing to see her once again, push SS to the backburner to take care of her needs.  It's a pattern that she's always lived by.  We don't call her the NCP, we refer to her as the Convenient Parent.  She acts like Mom when it's convenient for her and when she has to show off in front of friends.  She will never grow up and if she ever does, I'm afraid that it will be too late.  

Quoting bertaboo1:

Eh...let it ride...sometimes trash will always be trash...but maybe. ..just maybe...she will grow up and show responsibility

BioNerd
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:22 AM

To each their own.

My philosophy in life.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I think you should focus more on how your DH spends his time and less on how the NCP spends hers. Are you a NCP also? If you are not, they are two very different shoes.

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

minimoo
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Ugh. I've stopped trying to understand certain people's actions. It is impossible to rationalize the rationale of the irrational
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Your kids never go to a sitter?
cruelella2to
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM

maybe they are doing something for mothers day the day before. thats what my family usually does. Makes life a little easier for everyone.

lnr187
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM

i dont understand it either, but i too have my ss here today. bm never showed and we haven't heard from her at all to cancel or anything. she has always had him for mother's day. we usually get him sundays at 11, and last year she did not ask to keep him any later either. eh, to some people it's just another sunday i guess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)