Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

for mother's day...

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Me and dd gave sm a picture (framed) of us (me dd and sm) that we took together for a mother daughter tea we all attended last year. Sm got a lil teary. Did anyone else give or get a happy mother's day from sm or bm?
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM

No, and I probably won't. BM never recognizes me for any of those things (not that I expect her too). I do a general happy mother's day to everyone on my facebook page as I think doing one specifically for BM would be rude to the other really great mother's on my page.

Derdriu
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Nope. And I have a suspicion that one of the reasons BM insisted on picking the kids up from school Friday (very unusual request for her) may have been to ensure they didn't make anything for me. She's been mote hostile than usual lately, though I'm not aware of any new conflict between her and DH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM

No-I did post on her page happy mother's day

however she's in a pissy mood because HER stepkids dont want to celebrate mother's day and my 2 stepkids dont want to be with HER for mothers day (dh dropped thm off to her last night and both children made it quite clear they were not happy about it)

adamsmom0116
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:49 AM
No and I don't expect anything either. The first mother's day that ds was born, bm gave me a card. When the kids were little, I would make sure they had something nice for their mom. Now they are teenagers and take care of it themselves.
amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so nice of you!  I bet she just loved it!

lnr187
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM

no way! we've never done anything like for each other and never will. we hate each other. sad, but true.

ChelseNichole
by Chelse on May. 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Thats amazing! You are amazing! I texted BM this morning wishing her a Happy Mother's Day.... She replied "thanks! Same to you for your doggy". which i found very funny. Both of my SS's made me something though. SS5 gave me a card on Thursday when they were here...and SS14 came here today (he walked, we live close to each other) to give me one he made. He had written some really wonderful things, and i got a little teary eyed. While he was here BM called him at least 4 times asking where he was because they were trying to go to lunch. I drove him home as I had to run an errand after, so I'm sure she was thrilled he took time out of his day to come to see me. I wasnt expecting anything from anyone, but I certainly do appreciate it. 

shoot4thestars
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM

That's great you had a wandeful Happy Mother's Day.  Bm and I have never done anything like that, and that's good with me.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Um, nope. BM has never helped SD make anything for me. In fact, when BM had custody things that SD made at school for me ended up "lost" and SD was very upset by it.

This year, BM didn't want SD for Mother's day. I helped SD make BM a present anyways, and SD will be giving it to her when she sees BM over Memorial Day weekend. SD painted a flower pot, I sprayed it with a waterproof sealer, and then SD will plant some flowers in it.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:33 PM

No, but we did Mother's Day for BM from all 4 of the kids now that SF is gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)