Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Mother's Day.....

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 20 Replies
Sd hasn't called her mother for Mother's Day, should I be the one to tell her she should?
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM

No. THe childs father might want to though.

lisa37743
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Sometimes, the child's father may not cae if the child calls Mom or not, so yeah, remind her that it's Mother's Day and see if she wants to call. 

Tpayne2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Lol, he's definitely not going to so I guess she won't call

Quoting baparrot2:

No. THe childs father might want to though.

-KJ
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM
How old is she?
Pero2
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM

It's the child's father's job to promote (yes, to promote, not to allow) the relationship between the child and the mother. As it is the mother's job to promote the child's relationship with the father. If the father is incapable of fulfilling his parental duties without third-party influence, then maybe custody and visitation should be revisited?

The same obviously applies to BM!

Quoting lisa37743:

Sometimes, the child's father may not cae if the child calls Mom or not, so yeah, remind her that it's Mother's Day and see if she wants to call. 

Tpayne2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Thank you, that's our stitch and I think I'm well within my rights to remind her to call her mom ( even though I'm not find of her). It's about sd isn't it?

Quoting lisa37743:

Tpayne2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM
She's 9

Quoting -KJ:

How old is she?

Tpayne2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM
So when I remind my kids to call their god parents or grandparents for special holidays, how is that different? When Bm had sd she didn't even want her seeing her father for a great deal of time much less have her call. She only made her call when she knew DH and I were on vacation or doing something that consisted of no kids lol

Quoting Pero2:

It's the child's father's job to promote (yes, to promote, not to allow) the relationship between the child and the mother. As it is the mother's job to promote the child's relationship with the father. If the father is incapable of fulfilling his parental duties without third-party influence, then maybe custody and visitation should be revisited?

The same obviously applies to BM!

Quoting lisa37743:

Pero2
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Quoting Tpayne2011:

So when I remind my kids to call their god parents or grandparents for special holidays, how is that different? When Bm had sd she didn't even want her seeing her father for a great deal of time much less have her call. She only made her call when she knew DH and I were on vacation or doing something that consisted of no kids lol

It's different because they are YOUR kids .. I guess.

And whether or not BM reminds them or not should be irrelevant to your DH .... the fact that she is a crap parent shouldn't entitle him to be one as well.

Tpayne2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I'm sorry I disagree, sd is 9 she honestly shouldn't need someone to tell her to call her mother. She made me something in school and came home and made me something, she knew it was Mother's Day.

Quoting Pero2:

Quoting Tpayne2011:

It's different because they are YOUR kids .. I guess.

And whether or not BM reminds them or not should be irrelevant to your DH .... the fact that she is a crap parent shouldn't entitle him to be one as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)