Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
Sd hasn't called her mother for Mother's Day, should I be the one to tell her she should?
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
Pero2
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Quoting Tpayne2011:

I'm sorry I disagree, sd is 9 she honestly shouldn't need someone to tell her to call her mother. She made me something in school and came home and made me something, she knew it was Mother's Day.

It's not about reminding her of the date ... it's about reminding her of her obligations as a child. We are quick on here reminding parents of their obligations ... don't children have any? Or is respect only reserved for SMs?

Children shouldn't get a choice until they reach a certain age ... we can debate the age now ... but 9 certainly isn't mature enough in my books.

Tpayne2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I agree with what you've just stated just no debate there. You just feel that me being a csm that isn't my place to tell her she should call her mom, correct? If so that's the part I disagree with.

Quoting Pero2:

Quoting Tpayne2011:

I'm sorry I disagree, sd is 9 she honestly shouldn't need someone to tell her to call her mother. She made me something in school and came home and made me something, she knew it was Mother's Day.

It's not about reminding her of the date ... it's about reminding her of her obligations as a child. We are quick on here reminding parents of their obligations ... don't children have any? Or is respect only reserved for SMs?

Children shouldn't get a choice until they reach a certain age ... we can debate the age now ... but 9 certainly isn't mature enough in my books.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Why do you need to even ask this question? Someone needs to gently remind her too. Dont you think? I cant believe its this late and you are just now asking. Maybe you are relishing a bit too much in the fact that there has been no contact yet?

If your husband is too dumb to make sure this gets done, then I think you know what the answer is. Dont you?

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:05 PM

That little girl has been through a lot with the instability that she has to endure, I wonder what are her feelings towards her Mom? I would use that to determine if she needs to be told to call her Mom.

Tpayne2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM
That is true, but I don't think it would kill her just to say happy Mother's Day. I keep telling her I'm not a replacement, she needs to put effort into having a relationship with her mom, it's the only one age has. Sd's birthday passed and she didn't even get her a card, not what I would have done, but I explained to sd that Bm is hurt right now because she misses her and loves her. I told her it would get better in time( I hope it does, because she keeps pushing sd away).

Quoting leegirl_jm:

That little girl has been through a lot with the instability that she has to endure, I wonder what are her feelings towards her Mom? I would use that to determine if she needs to be told to call her Mom.

-KJ
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
She's old enough to know to call her then. If you said under 7 then I would remind her.

Quoting Tpayne2011:

She's 9

Quoting -KJ:

How old is she?

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, this is a school age child, wouldn't that have been discussed on Friday at school?

Quoting -KJ:

She's old enough to know to call her then. If you said under 7 then I would remind her.

Quoting Tpayne2011:

She's 9

Quoting -KJ:

How old is she?

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

Tpayne2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM
It's 7:15, this was posted well over an hr ago thank you very much. I do get bothered by how she treats her daughter yes, but other than that oh please she doesn't even exist. She doesn't bother me, all you have to do is show your ass once to me. She doesn't live with me, feed me, cloth me or sleep with me, therefore she isn't of any importance. Since you want to know how it's going for me :). My DH doesn't speak to her because he chooses not to, she doesn't make me insecure just disappointed that there are do many people who deserve to have children and somehow they can't and she can.
Tpayne2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM
They definitely discussed it in school, she made me something on Friday.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

I agree, this is a school age child, wouldn't that have been discussed on Friday at school?

Quoting -KJ:

Quoting Tpayne2011:

She's 9

Quoting -KJ:

How old is she?

-KJ
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
You would think! My 6 & 11 y/o made cards at school.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Quoting -KJ:

Quoting Tpayne2011:

She's 9

Quoting -KJ:

How old is she?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN