Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Odd events....

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 1:55 AM
  • 13 Replies

I am a SM but this is about my bio sons and wierd events concerning my EX & his family. My childrenhave not seen their BD in almost 2 years. This was mostly their choice. And I do say mostly bc there were a few times when he showed un intoxicated I did not allow the boys to go with him. Althought we have been going back and forth in court about child support for YEARS (he has never paid ANY) I have full sole custody and he has NO visitation rights. I was nice in the start and let him see kids without order. Ok here is my wierd events that I am needing you all to see if you understand what is going on....In April I got a call 2days before our monthly hearing where he & I go in and he whines that he isnt able to pay bche has no money from my attorney.She stated that they had recieved a call from his mother saying that he had checked himself into a reahab center. To be honest I laughed bc he has pulled this kind of thing numerous times before. Well this month I called attorney and asked if we were still on for court & she said no that she had spoke with the rehab and he was still there till next month. So I figured ok I will forget about it till June. The day I talked to my lawyer I got a call from a number I didnt know so I let it go to VM & when I checked my messages it was my EX mother inlaw. She went on about how she wanted me to call her and she wanted me to tell boys she loved them and she wanted to see them soon. She also went as far as saying she loved me! I kinda blew it off as odd but no biggy. We have not spoke in over 3 years and she has not seen boys in that long either. (The whole family has drinking problem so I figured that played a part also). But here is a really wierdthing the same day my oldest son got a FB message from his little half sister from her mothers account saying she had moved far away and cried all the time and wanted to see them and loved them. This kinda freaked my 14 year old son out since he hasnt seen her in over 3 years either. So I pretty much just brushed it all off and told him to try and forget about it. Then today I get a rambling txt message from EX mother in law again saying how she loves me & boys, wishing me a happy mothers day & asking me to tell boys she will call them soon. First of all I dont know howshe got my number either but one of my sons isnt even allowed to have a phone yet and the other one didnt give any of that side of family his new number. I am kind of at a loss about all of this and figured I would see what you all had to say.....I am kind of worried that this is some kind of game with them and dont want my sons dragged into a mess....

Side note--This family is very good at trying to twist things you say and do to make them look good in the eye of the court. Luckily our judge wasnt as dumb as they hoped he was and they just ended up looking like idiots. 

by on May. 13, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Odd is right.  Maybe hang on to the messages and show them to your attorney when you meet next and get his opinion on what you should do.

loving_my2boys
by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Maybe they think he'll lose rights being in rehab so they're coverig their asses to look like good family.
ramita
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I agree with previous poster. I also think if they want to talk to the half sister on facebook that's fine, but I would tell them to let you make copies in case something is said. Also, if they want to talk to their grandma I'd let them although I would either make it through text/email or I would record phone conversations.
amantonacci
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Is their half sisters mother still with their father?
tiredofthefight
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:05 PM

He doesnt have any rights really. He signed papers giving up any custodial rights so I am really confused by this.

Quoting loving_my2boys:

Maybe they think he'll lose rights being in rehab so they're coverig their asses to look like good family.

tiredofthefight
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Quoting ramita:

I agree with previous poster. I also think if they want to talk to the half sister on facebook that's fine, but I would tell them to let you make copies in case something is said. Also, if they want to talk to their grandma I'd let them although I would either make it through text/email or I would record phone conversations.

See the problem with them talking to her is the fact that I dont know for sure if its even her bc its from her mothers account. In all honesty they dont want anything to do with any of them at all. They have even told them all his and now all of the sudden they are sending these messages which is wierd.

tiredofthefight
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I have no idea. She told my son they had moved far far away but I have a tendency to not believe what they say. This girl was concieved during my marraige to their father and it took him 2 years and dna testing for him to even admit she was his. The mother of this girl is not known to be much in the honesty department.

Quoting amantonacci:

amantonacci
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:13 PM
That's weird and shady... I'd block her...

Quoting tiredofthefight:

I have no idea. She told my son they had moved far far away but I have a tendency to not believe what they say. This girl was concieved during my marraige to their father and it took him 2 years and dna testing for him to even admit she was his. The mother of this girl is not known to be much in the honesty department.

Quoting amantonacci:

tiredofthefight
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad to know I am not just paranoid..LOL

Quoting amantonacci:

Quoting tiredofthefight:

Quoting amantonacci:

amantonacci
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM
No... It's to much of a coincidence...

Quoting tiredofthefight:

Glad to know I am not just paranoid..LOL

Quoting amantonacci:

Quoting tiredofthefight:

Quoting amantonacci:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)