Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cause your my mom.....

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:22 AM
  • 2 Replies
First let me start off by saying I know I AM NOT HIS MOM..I am his STEP mom. I'm seeking advice ....

So during bedtime ss10 gives me a hug telling me good night and love you...this is happens nightly. Ss started doing this on his own about 4 months ago. Tonight after our goodnights I had to go back into room to turn off his fan. Ss was still awake..he asked me for another hug...I jokingly said "what !? another hug?" ss laughed and said "you have to cause your my mom". I gave him his hug told him goodnight and left the room.

My question is how do I respond to comments like this. without hurting him?

A little back story... I am a csm. Dh had had sole physical and legal for over 7 years. Ss lived with my mil from age 11/2 while dh was in the military. Once dh got out he cared for ss sole. Bm has been in and out of ss life since her drug used started (SS was about 1). She currently sees ss once a month. She did ask for more time with ss a few months ago but when dh finally agreed bm went mia for a few months and remains very inconsistent with calls and visitation. I know bm loves her son and I in no way want to take her place as his mom. I did not give him life. He knows who he mom is.
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:41 AM
3 moms liked this

Honestly, I wouldn't say anything. I'd just smile and give him another hug. SD 12 (amost 13) says stuff like that to me all the time. She clearly understands that I'm step-mom and that BM is mom.

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM
3 moms liked this
I'd give the kid another hug. Everyone's situations are different. You are his mom in his eyes. That's ok. Embrace it!:) (well,if you want to be "mom")

You know you aren't doing it as a bad thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured