Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another one bites the dust!!

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:55 AM
  • 81 Replies
bm has moved her New bf in. I'm not sure how long he's been around, but she was still dating the last guy that lived with her in march.
Does it ever end?? And does Dh have any right to be ticked about this??
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 17, 2013 at 1:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe she's a sex addict. Lol.

Ya,dh can be ticked off. That sucks! His kid is around different men. I'd run background checks on them if I felt like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:00 AM
We've asked her to get a chance to meet new bf since he's living there and will be around when ss visits his mom. But she won't for some reason....

:( the last time we did a check on one of her guys, he hAd a laundry list of criminal charges....

Quoting Steamedpuddle30:

Maybe she's a sex addict. Lol.

Ya,dh can be ticked off. That sucks! His kid is around different men. I'd run background checks on them if I felt like it.
OverIt1003
by MaxNMakennasMom on May. 17, 2013 at 2:00 AM
4 moms liked this

Ugh. I wish. XH is on his 4th live in (that I know of) in 18 months. Of course your DH has the right to be ticked about it, but beyond shaking his head disgustedly at her immoral ass, I don't think there's a damn thing to do about it. Unfortunately, the courts don't seem to frown on parents teaching their kids to immediately shack up with whatever they're screwing. 

kmur
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:37 AM
1 mom liked this

ofe course he does, shoot i know i would be if my ex was doing that. I have read on here that some ppl have had it where the SO cant be around the child when the child is visiting, maybe he could look into that?

dandymandy273
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Seems like BM's door is a revolving one. =( I don't know if I would be tickled, per say, but rather hope she doesn't contract herpes or worse. :/

DDDaysh
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Does it do him any good to be ticked about it? 

He doesn't really have the right to DO anything about it, so why be ticked?  I'd just choose to ignore it. 

bottomline
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Dh and You know bm cycles through her men, so let her. Why waste energy on her and her shinanigans? You can't change her so why focus on what she does?

ColaLynn7
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

We were in a similar situation. On one of my fiance's weekends with his daughter she came right out and said that mom had a new bf and he was going to be moving in. We asked a few questions and ended up with his name. We used our state court website to find out that he had a lengthy criminal record and was suspected of being a sexual predator. My fiance was extremely upset, but in the end their was nothing her could really do unless this man had been charged. 5 years later daughter is living with us and has spilled the beans about this guy and what really happened. Its a shame that parents do these things. My best piece of advice is watch for changed in your step-child after they are with BM. 

Derdriu
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Some odd reason is a need for attention.  BM of my SKs was like that for a while.  Her own mother made a comment at one point she'd sleep with whatever guy thought he was in love with her.  She's beautiful, so she got a lot of attention and also got dumped a lot when they couldn't keep up with her taste for drugs and alcohol.  On the plus side, she had a knack for attracting rescuer types, so while some of the dudes were really old, only a few of them had criminal records.  But the kids met them all.  Any suggestion from anyone that she hold off was met with the old "you just don't want to see me happy" excuse.  Fortunately, she's now married, so the parade of boyfriends is a thing of the past.

Quoting dawnnamarie:

We've asked her to get a chance to meet new bf since he's living there and will be around when ss visits his mom. But she won't for some reason....

dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM
That's crazy! I think your ex am bm are about tied on live ins then :<

Does he normally introduce you to them? Did you all talk to the judge about it to find out that the judge doesnt care?
We just got burned pretty bad with her 2nd xh- three live ins ago- and Dh is really nervous now. This new guy has a kid about ss's age, so his morals can't be much stronger than her's if neither of them seem concerned about setting good examples for the kids.

Quoting OverIt1003:

Ugh. I wish. XH is on his 4th live in (that I know of) in 18 months. Of course your DH has the right to be ticked about it, but beyond shaking his head disgustedly at her immoral ass, I don't think there's a damn thing to do about it. Unfortunately, the courts don't seem to frown on parents teaching their kids to immediately shack up with whatever they're screwing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured