Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having another baby???

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:33 AM
  • 50 Replies
Sorry in advance, because j sound a little loony tonight! lol. Dh really, really wants a baby. I'm not so sure... We could afford it, but Idk if I'm really willing to go back to bottles and diapers.
I love babies. And it would be really nice to have one around again.... But I'm undecided.

How did you all decide when and why to have a baby- if planned??
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dandymandy273
by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Well, both of our kids were getting older and out of the toddler stage, and we just missed having a baby. We figured up whether or not we could afford another child, and we could, so we did!

dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Was there any hesitation?? I'm kind of concerned about drama and how adding another child will affect our already messed-up balance with bm and all. I just see her going off the deep end if we have a baby =(

Quoting dandymandy273:

Well, both of our kids were getting older and out of the toddler stage, and we just missed having a baby. We figured up whether or not we could afford another child, and we could, so we did!

dandymandy273
by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:28 AM
4 moms liked this

There was no hesitation once we figured out that it was financially feasible.

Look ~ you can't live your life in accordance to what BM may or may not like. Fuck that noise. It's YOUR life. Don't worry about what that twat waffle thinks or has to say. You want a baby? You have that baby!!!!!

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Was there any hesitation?? I'm kind of concerned about drama and how adding another child will affect our already messed-up balance with bm and all. I just see her going off the deep end if we have a baby =(

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

seriously bm has no control over your uterus

and if she's got issues with it-thats on her not you!!

seriously when dh and i got preggers a few years back bm went off the deep end crying she wanted a baby blah blah its not fair blah blah

dh told her-if you wanted kids you shouldnt have gotten fixed. and if you wanted kids-you wouldnt have tried aborting our son.

bishes be cray cray!

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM

We waited until we had enough in savings to live comfortably for at least a year if needed.  We always knew we wanted another baby, we just wanted to be 100% financially rock solid first.  

We paid off all debts, the only thing we have left is the SUV I bought last year. but we bought it on a six year loan and will have it paid off in 2.5 instead of 6. 

squeakers2
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:35 AM
We just did. I have always wanted at least 2 children of my own. He had said since our daughter was born, that he was done. A few months after her 2nd birthday, he changed his mind. We were finacially able to, so we did. We didn't tell anyone till I was 16 weeks (no real reason why we waited that long, just wanted to), and we were really worried about having to tell BM. She had flipped when she found out about our daughter and didn't want a repeat. This time, she was a little overly estatic. Posted on facebook that SS was gonna be a big brother again. If I would have gone into labor when SS wasn't here, she offered to bring him to the hospital to meet his little brother. Only problem we had is she didn't like the name we picked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ejsmom4604
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Having a baby was something both DH and I wanted. We didn't really wait, we started TTC before we were married. At that time ODS was the only child with us, I didn't give a rats butt if BM would like it or not, she wasn't my concern, and I was getting older lol. We conceived either the week before or the week of our wedding, so it worked out. :) 

We were originally planning to start TTC for our last this year, but with all the changes going on and DH getting custody of SS (in about a month :D ) he said no. I have uber baby fever, so he has been graciously (as a man can) been putting up with my insanity. 

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Me an Dh made the decision not to have one between us. Now that we are almost done childrearing.....I cannot IMAGINE having a younger kid in the home right now. It was a hard decision back then to say no to a baby, I thought I might be making a very regretful decision. But now, I have zero regrets and am so ready for this next chapter of my life! Being husband and wife instead of mom and dad.

ejsmom4604
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM

According to my parents...the mom and dad thing never really goes away lol. They say I call them too much, yet if I don't call for a couple of days, one of them is calling me to find out whats up lol. 

Quoting baparrot2:

Me an Dh made the decision not to have one between us. Now that we are almost done childrearing.....I cannot IMAGINE having a younger kid in the home right now. It was a hard decision back then to say no to a baby, I thought I might be making a very regretful decision. But now, I have zero regrets and am so ready for this next chapter of my life! Being husband and wife instead of mom and dad.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

faerie75
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Because I wanted one and was already 37.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured