Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I have no idea what just happened...

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM
  • 29 Replies
Sd had a show at school tonight, which we didn't know if bm was going or not. She told sd she wanted to go, but that sd probably wouldnt be there so she wasn't going to go. Not sure why she would say that when dh specifically told bm she was going. So afterwards dh went ahead of our group to get sd from her classroom so they wouldnt get caught in the giant crowd of people. bm shoved my mil out of the way, ran up to dh and said ”youre not fucking doing this to me” and then picked up sd. Dh stood there a bit shocked, managed to say ”what?”, to which bm.replied ”you know what” sd said bye and started walking away from bm, probably because she was freaked out by what was going on? Then bm yells fuck you at dh, walks away and then passes me and says ”good job!”

What just happened???
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thewife06
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:47 PM

That is a classy lady being a class act.  That's what happened. 

You don't know anything that could have set her off? Was she drunk?

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I'm guessing "fucking doing this to me" referred to DH picking up SD and taking her home? instead of letting bM take her home?

that's just a guess. 

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Well that was not cool.

miapia1020
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Quoting whatIknownow:

I'm guessing "fucking doing this to me" referred to DH picking up SD and taking her home? instead of letting bM take her home?

that's just a guess. 

Bm is ncp, so she wouldnt take her home, lol. We had no idea bm was even there until she made this spectacle of herself. although, I did just notice its a full Moon, so that could explain it all...
miapia1020
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Quoting Thewife06:

That is a classy lady being a class act.  That's what happened.  You don't know anything that could have set her off? Was she drunk?

No clue? The only thing I can think of is she thought dh was trying to take sd so she couldn't see bm? But he didn't know she was there, so i'm not sure how that works...
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM

oh, I thought BM took SD home.

Well, then it seems like BM thought DH was trying to wisk SD away before BM got a chance to see her. You did say he "went ahead of the crowd." To BM that might have looked like he was trying to get her out of there before BM could see her.

Quoting miapia1020:

Quoting whatIknownow:

that's just a guess. 

Bm is ncp, so she wouldnt take her home, lol. We had no idea bm was even there until she made this spectacle of herself. although, I did just notice its a full Moon, so that could explain it all...

Boobear110
by Audra on May. 23, 2013 at 8:59 PM
4 moms liked this

No matter what her issue is that was  just a horrible thing to do to her child (you and your DH too) in front of a room full of people. 

Sounds like someone needs to put her big girl pants on and learn to act like an adult.. 

How old is your SD? 

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on May. 23, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I guess BM made herself look like a class act in front of everyone.  Not.

Given_to_Fly
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Quoting whatIknownow:

I agree with this, she probably took it wrong and went right on the defense.
miapia1020
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Quoting Boobear110:

No matter what her issue is that was  just a horrible thing to do to her child (you and your DH too) in front of a room full of people. 

Sounds like someone needs to put her big girl pants on and learn to act like an adult.. 

How old is your SD? 

She's 6. After it looked like sd was about to cry, so I just hugged her and we're trying to act like it didn't happen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)