Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Hi fellow "step" moms. My name is Heather. I have a 3 1/2 yr. old step daughter. It's pretty cool most of the time. Minus all the drama. I love her like she's my own and treat her as if. Although I have to be honest and say that sometimes it hurts to be with her. My husband and I lost our unborn child April 2012 because of Etopic pregnancy. And my fallopian tubes have since closed completely. So I will say again that I love my little girl like she's really mine. But I do have moments where I just want to run away because it all becomes a constant reminder. Well.. just want to say "hi" to all you moms out there. I think too often everyone acknowledges the biological and ignores us step parents.
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Boobear110
by Audra on May. 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello, welcome to the group.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Don't be to hard on yourself . Your grieving the loss of your child. Give yourself a chance to process all that your dealing with. 

Good luck. 

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello!
Tx_stepmom
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Hello and welcome!  

Humility1
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi welcome to the group, sorry for your loss. Keep praying and God will bless you with one and replace your loss. Also, yes I agree with you that people always acknowledge biomom's and ignore stepmoms. It's very sad, being a stepmother is a thankless job. Although I love my stepson as my own, I never say to ripple that I am a stepmother only because of the stereotype that comes with the title is painful. I have also surrounded myself around friends who are positive and that has healed me through the process of the steparenting. I know how you feel hang in there and ill pray for you, God bless
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on the situation. I get a lot of thanks and praise for what I do for SD. From DH, from BM sometimes (although that's fairly rare), from teachers, doctors, therapists, etc.

Quoting Humility1:

Hi welcome to the group, sorry for your loss. Keep praying and God will bless you with one and replace your loss. Also, yes I agree with you that people always acknowledge biomom's and ignore stepmoms. It's very sad, being a stepmother is a thankless job. Although I love my stepson as my own, I never say to ripple that I am a stepmother only because of the stereotype that comes with the title is painful. I have also surrounded myself around friends who are positive and that has healed me through the process of the steparenting. I know how you feel hang in there and ill pray for you, God bless

Humility1
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I agree it does depend on the situation. I do get lots of appreciation from dh and stepson but my stepson's mom is not involved and his grandmother is, she expects way too much from me. So, my guard is up, she has asked me to pay for stepson's college! I am very generous but I also don't like bei g taking advantage of. So, the way I cope with it is to not even say that I'm a stepmom only because its the stigma about that title and people talk alot of crap.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I love stepmoms. They are just people like the rest of us. I don't like some people. If they happen to be stepmoms that is just part of who they are. Has nothing to do with why I don't like them.

Quoting Humility1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarawags
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome - love the pic - she's adorable - ;) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured