Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's beyond annoying now

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 65 Replies

So my step son's mom has give us so many problems over the last year and a half.  She has bad mouthed me so many times for no reason.  I have always tried to be nice to her because of my step son.  Not only that, she has bad mouthed my son & has bad mouthed the baby I am now pregnant with.  AND she is always sending my DF pictures of her or her family and she has even stooped so low as to send a picture of her private area.  DF was not happy about that at all! She had a boyfriend at the time also.  My DF chewed her butt out about it! When asked why the heck she sent him that photo her response was, "my boyfriend doesn't like getting pictures like that a lot so I figured maybe you would like it." Uhhhh.....CRAZY!  I have been called every name under the son by this girl.  I don't understand what her problem has been because she was married to my DF & cheated on him. SEVERAL TIMES.  He tried to make things right with her for their son's sake but she couldn't stop cheating so they got divorced.  She has EVERYTHING while being married to him...the perfect life, so I don't know why she blames me and him for their divorce and he unhappiness.  I didn't meet him until after they had been apart a year and a half.  

Now she is supposedly getting married.  This is like the 4th time she has claimed she's getting married (all 4 times have been with different men).  So now all of a sudden she is trying to be super nice. (which she does everytime she claims she's getting married) She has apolgized for treating me the way she does and wants us to be friends & get along with each other. (she says all of this everytime she "getting married") Last night she was sending me all kinds of pictures.  Pictures of her & her "fiance" and pictures of just him and pictures of him & his son.  She was texting me like we were best friends.  It's just so annoying because 1)it's hard to forget a lot of the things she has done & said & 2) I know it's all fake.  She will eventually go back to her old self and start doing the same stupid & annoying things.  I don't mind us getting along for my step son's sake but it's hard to get along with someone who acts as if they are bipolar.  ANd not only that, she needs to realize that I will NEVER be her best friend like she is acting.  That's akward.

I know this is a long, stupid rant. Sorry.  But, does anyone else deal with an ex that acts this way???  I mean she's 30 years old so I would think that she'd act a little more mature...but noooooo.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Birdseed
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Ignore.  Block.  Responding to any of it just reinforces/perpetuates it.  Even negative attention is good attention for some people.  Just don't respond.  Choosing to do nothing is still an action. 

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this completely:

Quoting Birdseed:

Ignore.  Block.  Responding to any of it just reinforces/perpetuates it.  Even negative attention is good attention for some people.  Just don't respond.  Choosing to do nothing is still an action. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaanl
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Yeah I ignore most of the messages.  And my DF ignores all the texts too unless it's about his son.  She keeps sending Facebook friend requests too & we both just got another one so I told him we just needed to block her so she wouldn't be able to keep sending them.

Quoting Birdseed:

sarawags
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Ugh - her privates????

Minus that tidbit (thank you Jesus - lol ;) ... Yes, bm is also very insecure and intensely needy for attention - 24/7 - she usually ends up eventually scaring people away because in part it's just so exhausting to be around this kind of person.

whatIknownow
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM

You should try not to concern yourself with your boyfriend's ex-wife, and just focus on your own life. You don't need to have any interaction with her at all.

mamaanl
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Yes, which we do, however she still send my DF texts and e-mails bad mouthing me and my son and unborn baby.  She also bad mouths him and tells him how horrible he is.  (Even though he pays child support plus buys him EVERYTHING he needs because she doesn't use the child support money to buy her son any clothes or shoes or anything...we do all of that plus she lives 5 hours away so he spends a couple hundred dollars a month on gas driving back & forth plus he pays half of his son's daycare.  But yet she claims he's a horrible father.) He ignores it all but he still has to see it because he can't just change his number or e-mail address because he has to have a way to stay in contact with his son.

Quoting annabl1970:

I agree with this completely:

Quoting Birdseed:

mamaanl
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha. Sorry. Just trying to paint a picture of what kind of person she has been  At least you didn't have to see it... HORRIFIED! 

Quoting sarawags:

Ugh - her privates????

Minus that tidbit (thank you Jesus - lol ;) ... Yes, bm is also very insecure and intensely needy for attention - 24/7 - she usually ends up eventually scaring people away because in part it's just so exhausting to be around this kind of person.

whatIknownow
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Tell your boyfriend you don't want to hear about these texts. Tell him you don't care what she says about you or your unborn baby. Really why would you care about this anyway. It's meaningless. 

Quoting mamaanl:

Yes, which we do, however she still send my DF texts and e-mails bad mouthing me and my son and unborn baby.  

mamaanl
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I don't interact with her. But I do have to see her when we pick up & drop off his son.  DF doesn't interact with her either unless she messages about his son...but it doesn't stop her from sending e-mails & texts & pictures to his phone.

Quoting whatIknownow:

You should try not to concern yourself with your boyfriend's ex-wife, and just focus on your own life. You don't need to have any interaction with her at all.

whatIknownow
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

You see her from a distance, though, right? You might consider just letting your boyfriend go alone to pick up his son.

Let your boyfriend deal with the texts, etc. that she sends him. That's his battle, not yours. Don't make it yours. 

Quoting mamaanl:

I don't interact with her. But I do have to see her when we pick up & drop off his son.  DF doesn't interact with her either unless she messages about his son...but it doesn't stop her from sending e-mails & texts & pictures to his phone.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)