Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They think she took him and ran...

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
  • 21 Replies

A friend of mine got married today. And had to do so w/o his son b/c BM is now running with him. :(

BD, my friend, has all custody of his 8 y/o son. BM has visits at his discretion, and BD had let his son got there Wed thru Fri b/c he was getting married today, and leaving to go on a honeymoon cruise. BD went to the school to pick up his son, and he wasn't there. Turns out BM had not dropped him off this morning, calling him in sick. They couldn't find him before the court appt to get married, so they did and still no contact at all from her and the son. BM didn't go to work today either, according to her mom.  I am just feeling bad for him...

by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Oh God!! How terrifying! Have they put out an Amber alert?

ramita
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I'm sorry for your friend and her new husband! I sure hope his son is okay!
newstepmom61811
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Been through that...paralyzingly is the only word...I will never forget the shape that left my husband in...lasted six weeks...have and will never trust BM again...that was the exact moment in time her opinion about the kids ceased to matter one iota.
elisesmom922
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM

No. B/c he voluntarily let BM take him for Friday, and he told them that, the cops are saying until tomorrow, they aren't wanting to do anything. See, he was to be picked up from school by BD my friend, attend the courthouse wedding, then go back to BM's tomorrow. My friend is freakin losing it.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Oh God!! How terrifying! Have they put out an Amber alert?

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM

BM pulled the same thing with SD. Except at the time there was no CO (yes, VERY stupid of DH) so legally there was nothing he could do. He had to file an emergency hearing and then track BM down with a PI to serve her and get a CO.

Quoting newstepmom61811:

Been through that...paralyzingly is the only word...I will never forget the shape that left my husband in...lasted six weeks...have and will never trust BM again...that was the exact moment in time her opinion about the kids ceased to matter one iota.

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Oh I am sorry I hope he find his son soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haylemoon
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I hope he find his son soon....has he called airports and such to see if she tried to leave the state or country with him.

Leigh84
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:06 PM
That's awful. I can't believe they won't do anything. I understand he gave BM permission to have him but he didn't give her permission to run away w/him
shanlee42
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Wow. I will keep them in my thoughts. I hope he is returned safely.
wickedstepjenn
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM
When my dh bm took the kids they had just broke up. They did a amber alert right away. It took 5 months to find them then another 2 months of court etc. He now has full custody. We met about a year after this. He still was a mess. Now 5 years later he's ok but still every yr when she comes for her week visit we are nervous. She was acting like she was going to snatch them last yr so we are in court yet again. Its a nightmare.
I hope they find them very soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)