Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dropped SD off...

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

It went OK. BM was accepting of the notes I typed up and copies of all the paperwork I sent. Apparently she's moving this summer, to a temporary situation, where she's going to stay for an unknown amount of time. BM claimed she wants to get her own place; but I'm unsure if that'll ever happen. She's never lived on her own, she's either lived with friends (without SD) or with her mom.

BM isn't sure if she's going to be able to take SD 50/50 during the summer... But, if she does, I'll be SD's babysitter during the day while BM works (if she's still working at that point).

BM made SD get into the car and I thought, "OH lord, here comes the drama." And it sorta did. Apparently she's LIVID that CS paperwork got served to her. She claims they illegally served her the CS paperwork. They called her to get her address, she says they claimed to have an old check for her, and she gave them her mom's address. So, DCS showed up at her mom's house to serve her. BM says they asked her mom if BM lived there, at which point BM's mom said no. When BM's mom refused to give a forwarding address DCS served her BM's papers. BM also refused to give them her current address, and she says she wont be giving them her next address either because it's going to be temporary.

BM said to me, "I just want you to know, you need to call DCS and tell them they illegally served me. I don't live there, they can't serve my mom."

I just replied, "Well, did YOU tell them that?"

BM got SUPER snotty and said, "I tried! But, they were so rude to me. They kept telling me that this debt will never go away and that I'll be responsible for her until she's 18, and blah blah blah. They said that it was legal because they served me at my last address on file." Apparently DCS is NOT too happy with BM AT ALL. I think it's because of all the lies about how much she's working and how much she's making.

I just said OK. But, I think DCS would be right. If she refuses to give a forwarding address and gave them her mom's address at a location where she could receive mail, then legally she's been served. 

Anyways, she plans to come to SD's graduation and the upcoming IEP meeting, and she MAY be coming to the information night for the incoming 6th graders (I REALLY didn't want to invite her because it's just gonna be me and SD, but whatever, I'll just come home and have a glass of wine). 

by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
FoodIsLife
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM

They will serve to her address on file a couple of times and at one point to court can tell the officer to serve it to someone at a known residence that is over the age of 18 (which can be her mother)... if the judge feels that getting her the documents was done as best as possible but still failed, they will file the papers without her signing. At least, this is our experience. 

Polkadotted
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Hmmm it seems that if she called to complain about how she was served illegally it proves she got the papers and that's what counts right?
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Right!?

So, why hasn't she paid? 

Quoting Polkadotted:

Hmmm it seems that if she called to complain about how she was served illegally it proves she got the papers and that's what counts right?

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Oh, I asked her if she wanted US to give DCS her address, but she wants us to tell them they illegally served her? Doesn't that sound like she wants us to help her avoid paying CS?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)