Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM is given and inch and takes a mile

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:49 AM
  • 15 Replies
I have live with my SO for almost 2 years. Barely a month after moving in BM accuses my SO of serious crimes against their child.. All of which was proven false and she has zero claims to make... They went to court and now we have 50/50 weekly custody. She has beyond any doubt pushed and prodded his family to the point they walk on eggshells to please her. And I do not live a lifestyle that I tolerate dealing with anyone in this fashion.
Now my SO has volunteered for me during BM weeks to have the child dropped off to me in the mornings because his schedule is erratic and she works before daycare is open so that I can drop her off at the daycare once it opens.. This is around 645 every morning. I work until 9 pm every night.
Not sure how I should handle this anymore as now the BM asked to work an extra shift and I agreed to an extra day of early rising. And she forgot to text and let me
Know the shift would not happen. So I was up really early for no reason and honestly sent her a slightly irritated text after she quickly said sorry how she forgot to send the text...
I have seen (text) and heard the horrible things she has called my SO and honestly I keep out of their relationship. I don't know what to do at this point
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tapies2324
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Seems to me that bm needs to make arrangments to get her kid to daycare that do not involve you. Dh should never have volunteered you.
Ak907localsnob
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:59 AM
That's how I feel.. After my last post in the venting booth and thinking about this I'm really getting tired of my SO and his wants
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Why did your boyfriend volunteer you to do this? Tell him you don't want to do it, and have him tell his ex to find other arrangments.

Ak907localsnob
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:04 AM
He volunteered himself and since I have teenage sons up at the same time for school either of us would be able to do it. It's been going on for nearly a month now and my kids are out of school and I think my volunteer time is done..
Ak907localsnob
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:09 AM
And he's done it twice since this has been going on at least three days a week during BMs weeks

Quoting Ak907localsnob:

He volunteered himself and since I have teenage sons up at the same time for school either of us would be able to do it. It's been going on for nearly a month now and my kids are out of school and I think my volunteer time is done..

Doodle39
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

It is your SO responsibility to establish boundries with BM and your responsibility to establish boundries with SO.  I love my SS to pieces but, I wouldn't agree to do exchanges because BM is violatile.  I did do daycare drop off and pick up for my husband for a while because of his work schedule, but once he could do it it was back to his responsibility.  Perhaps if BM is stuck and can't do the drop off at daycare DH can make the exchange the night before.  

Doodle39
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Wait a minute, I just reread this.  Your doing this during her time.  She needs to figure something out. I assure you, she wil.

Ak907localsnob
by on May. 25, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I do not trust BM period she has done enough while my SO has lived with me that I shouldn't be dealing with this period. She hasn't started to speak badly of me but SD is still young and I foresee that happening. She has not shown any change and has even went and got married and is now separated and living on a military base illegally with someone and bragging about it.
Given_to_Fly
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
If it is on BMs time then she needs to figure it out. Dont let your DH volunteer you for things like this, it only makes things harder on you. Explain that to him and kindly request she make arrangements on her time.
annabl1970
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't watch a child if I can't trust his mother.
She can get you in troubles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN