Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Whether you mean it or not.....I HAVE FEELINGS TOO!

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:55 PM
  • 35 Replies

My SD. Says in front of my husband " I could beat her down" , if I had to for self defense. Now mind you I am not saying a word when this was said. She is a big boned girl. She is like 5 feet 6 inches tall and an easily 200 lbs. I am much tinier then that,but thats besides the point, I am suppost to feel threatened/ scared. Because I am not scared. Is she trying to break me and her dad up?! Because it's not going to happen, I think she is a jealous, insecure person. I am always nice to her and I treat her with respect.

by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MimiMamaMe
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Honey, something is sounding a little funny here.

Now why would that girl go and say this?!

Ya got to tell what was going over there when the child up and brought up self defense!!!!!!
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand this post.

What was the context. Why did she say this.

How old is your SD?

MimiMamaMe
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Why you talking about this kids weight too?

Your hubs was right by you.

I know you were not in fear for real!!
tymama1022
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Honestly sweetie you sound like a little teen on here playing around.  Whats really going on for your sd to bring up self defense or to even want to beat you down?

MimiMamaMe
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM
My thoughts too!!!!

Quoting tymama1022:

Honestly sweetie you sound like a little teen on here playing around.  Whats really going on for your sd to bring up self defense or to even want to beat you down?

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM

You're right, she does sound quite jealous and insecure.  

What brought on her comments?

akm1973
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:01 PM

She was supposdly joking around, and came across pretty mean. I think it was to see what I would say. I just ignored it!

sunshinedaisy75
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM
You still haven't said how old or why though

Quoting akm1973:

She was supposdly joking around, and came across pretty mean. I think it was to see what I would say. I just ignored it!

MimiMamaMe
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:45 PM
So you ignored it.

Yet me guess since you is posting about it now the problem is none too solved?

HenrysMom68
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Get yourself a nice little gun and learn how to use it. Let her know about it, take her to the range, let her see you shoot. Then kindly explain to her that threats are taken seriously and in her case you have a damn good argument for self defense. That should shut her up.

Sorry- I understand that is extreme and people will bitch without reading the whole thing, but do not let this girl intimidate you. Kick her ass out of the house, get her to the gym, sign her up for self defense classes, something to help with her insecurities. But don't bow down to that bullshit. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)