Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bm wont stop lying to kids

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
My man has three kids two boys who are seven and nine and a daughter who is four. He has custody of the children and they go to see there mother every other weekend. Bm keeps telling the kids that dad isn't the dad of the girl and that her boyfriend is the dad. Now this has been an issue sense they split up and we thought it was resolved when she signed papers saying that dad was in fact dad and that she would drop it but this weekend when the kids were there are told then he wasn't her dad that he has just legally her dad and just takes care of her and that the boyfriend is her dad when one of the boys stood up to them and said they were lying mom made him apologize to boyfriend. It's a very messed up situation and I really don't know what to so about it. She makes everything so difficult. Today one I'd the boys told me his mom keeps making up lies to tell them and last week the other boy asked me if I thought his mom was a good mom I just said I don't know her really and asked him what he thought and he said she was a bad mom when I asked why he would think that he said because she is trying to marry a guy who is trying to marry another girl as well (hes cheating with the mom of a class mate) I try to convince them there mom is doing the best she can and that I'm sure she is a good mom but they have nothing good to say of her and all I know about her is what they say and there dad says and it just gets harder and harder to only say nice things when I hear so much bad and when she talks shit about my son and I all the time. How can anyone hurt there kids they way she is its like she doesn't think of there feelings at all just hers
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
GleekingOut
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Is there any way that you can show the kids their birth certificates with his name on them? Otherwise I would tell him to go back to court and have a additional point added to the parenting plan that she cannot tell the children crap like "he's not your dad"

tazlover01
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you guys are going through this. Unfortunately this is a very common thing around here you get lying BM's and in my case BM wants the stepdad who beats her and has cheated on her to be the boys dad and not the man who takes care of them and has been there whenever she needed help with them. Even after they broke up he would give her grocery money on top of child support. His problems started when he realized that she was using him while dealing with another guy. Once he told her that he wasn't gonna do the work while another guy got the perks they started having problems. 8 years later we are in a custody battle after she let them live with us for a year. It's crazy. Some people are unstable. Court rulings don't stabilize them it just gives you something to enforce. Hopefully things will get better.

destiny83
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pretty sure he has the right to a paternity test. Especially if he pays CS. Not that it would necessarily matter to him but so BM can stop playing with people.

outdoorzmom
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I don't think he wants a paternity test the way he sees it she is his daughter no matter what he has been raising her sense day one and has full custody of her personally I think he doesn't want the test done just in case it comes out he isn't the father because it is very possible that he isn't but he has always been there for her and was married to the bm when she was born
outdoorzmom
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM
It was stated in the court papers that the bm had to stop saying it but she just won't listen

Quoting GleekingOut:

Is there any way that you can show the kids their birth certificates with his name on them? Otherwise I would tell him to go back to court and have a additional point added to the parenting plan that she cannot tell the children crap like "he's not your dad"

GleekingOut
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM

take her back to court with proof and she will be forced in some way or another to stop.

Quoting outdoorzmom:

It was stated in the court papers that the bm had to stop saying it but she just won't listen

Quoting GleekingOut:

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like someone is trying to alienate the kids from their mother. Who do you think they are hearing these things from?

sarawags
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:23 AM

It's so important, I think, to always remember that bm is half of the sk's - I believe it's absolutely true almost always that whatever negative things are being said or by actions Implied about the bm - in the eyes of the child this is also being directed at them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured