Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One day at time

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:03 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this
Sunday went better then I thought it would. The bf and I brought the boys to the movies and had a good time. I also informed the bf that I was on this site and filled him in on what this website is about and he thought it was a good idea to get outside help and at least it proves that I'm trying. Also I apologized to his daughter for how handled I the situation when her and I got into an argument. But I will not apologize for what the main reason that I'm. Sick of her butting in, because I am just like everyone else entitled to have my own feelings. I also told her that she can continue to work at my family's business (which I'm starting to regret now and I may have to rethink that.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
peaceofmind603
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this
There will be ground rules if she wants to work. We Saturday and Sunday I want to be out of the house at 6am. I'm not going to wake her up or make sure she is up, she's 15 she knows how to set an alarm it's not my responsibility to make sure she's up and ready it's time for her to learn work ethic and responsibility when comes to working. She accussed me of trying to "play mom" so now the things I did before (which I did because I wanted to not that I was trying be a mom) I'm not doing anymore. Before she would say "If dad says I can go somewhere can you bring me there!" I am now saying no, not just to her but to her brothers as well. If what I was doing before was coming off in a different I'm obviously not going to keep doing it. Definitly feeling a lot more confident.
sarawags
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

So glad you're feeling better - I had the whole if dad - says can you bring me - last minute notice of - so many multiple times a day from sd a few years back too ... 

Even just giving myself permission to say no sorry (no further exolanation why added to) and/or require 24 hours notice for rides helped a lot for me personally.

Quoting peaceofmind603:

There will be ground rules if she wants to work. We Saturday and Sunday I want to be out of the house at 6am. I'm not going to wake her up or make sure she is up, she's 15 she knows how to set an alarm it's not my responsibility to make sure she's up and ready it's time for her to learn work ethic and responsibility when comes to working. She accussed me of trying to "play mom" so now the things I did before (which I did because I wanted to not that I was trying be a mom) I'm not doing anymore. Before she would say "If dad says I can go somewhere can you bring me there!" I am now saying no, not just to her but to her brothers as well. If what I was doing before was coming off in a different I'm obviously not going to keep doing it. Definitly feeling a lot more confident.

peaceofmind603
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I just don't want to be accused of stuff so now I'm going to do things that wont. I'm excited for the changes because it'll also prove to their dad that maybe I'm not the only who needs to change their attitude or the way they talk to someone. I really just want to tell her that it's really sad she's 15 and the middle child 11, their 9 year old brother listens, talks and treats me better then they do. He also respects and I show him those same qualities back to him. Changes are being made and I'm excited.
peaceofmind603
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM
And yes I feel a lot better then I did this weekend. Hopefully with these changes it'll prove to them that I'm not going anywhere and if they want me to do something for them they need to give me good reasons to. I'm not going to go out of my way anymore to do thingsfor people who don't deserve it. I'm not a doormat. For them the only things I really have to do is pay the heat, gas, electric and do food shopping. Anything other then that depends on them and their attitudes but me doing any extra for them isn't going to happen any time soon. For his 9yr old son the rules are different because he actually listens and who knows they'll probably notice a diffrence between how I'm trying the 9 yr old compared to them and they'll ask why... My response will be "Because he listens and isn't disrespectful!"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)