Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your relationship with the other SP like?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

Earlier today, I went to the story to pick up groceries. I was browsing through Father's Day cards, when I hear Little Mister call my name. I looked up and he came running over to me. He gave me a great big hug and asked me what I was doing. I chatted with him for a few minutes, and then SF came walking around the corner.

SF chatted with me for a moment and told me they were getting ready to go swimming. We talked about the local pools and I told him that I discovered a few ‘free swim' hours. The whole time SS was smiling, hanging on me, and looking through the cart. SF and I said goodbye, told each other to have a good day, and as they were leaving SS turned around and told me he loved me.  

I honestly think SF and I have the most polite relationship with one another. BM and DH have a rocky relationship, SF and DH have had some major issues, and there have been times when BM and I have butted heads. But anytime it's just SF and I, we get along surprisingly well. I also noticed that SS is very friendly when it's just SF and I. He doesn't like to show any affection (towards DH or I) when BM is around, but if it's just SF he's very loving and affectionate.

What is your relationship with the other SP like?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Derdriu
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I've met SF.  That's about all I can say, lol. 

smarterthanyou
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM

bm1 pretty good, mutual, get along but keep the distance.

bm2, i keep a safe distance from her.

dh with xh, it's civil

dad's gf, don't know her well enough to really have an opinion other than she might be the key for xh to get out from under xmil's wing.........at least she has a career, i'll give her that much

faerie75
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Party boy? Lmao. Jerk.

He's making jokes about BM on fb w her frenemy as we speak. Has been since yesterday. He picked a fight w her sat so he could take off all weekend and she STILL took him back. And a kid is being born to this lovely union.

I have no respect for him. I pity her but she's a dummie.
jlg12678
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM

It's fine.  We can sit together and talk at kid events and everyone gets along....

Should add that I am referring to my son's stepmom.

JustaSM231
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I've seen BM'a boyfriend at two school functions in 5 years. He doesn't say hi or really talk to anyone and he's not involved much in daily stuff either like picking up or dropping off and usually only watches the kids on a very rare occasion when they are out of school and He is off work. I just found out his last name about a month ago. DH only got his cell phone number about 6 months ago yet BM demanded I provide her my home and cell number and home address shortly after DH and I started dating and way before I had even met skids. Who knows. Different strokes for different folks. Glad you guys get along!
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

SF and I get along great

he loves how I can relate to HIS daughter quite better then Bm can lol

and it's pretty easy going-we're both in the same boat-we're not trying to take over the "mom" or "dad" role in our respective homes-we're here to assist the BP in any way-plus we both do quite a LOT for our stepkids.

He's very hands on with all 5 kids in his house-he runs ydd's and the boys little league schedules-he keeps in constant touch with me and DH when he's got the kids (like if they were spending the day with SF's family-he'd check in with us)

and it's awesome.

Bm's ex Douche Bag? yeah we dont get along with him too well. He can go fuck himself. Him and that fat 500+lb sister of his.

ramita
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Well technically he is the ex-SP, but we have allowed him to continue being in SS's life because we'll he was there for 6ish years of his life and he also has SS's other sister. Anyway we get along great, in fact the last year that SS lived with his mom we were able to have more visits with him because SF would call my DH back after he realized he had been trying to get a hold of BM for several days to set up visitation. The two of them would then set up visits. To be honest, I'm not even sure BM knew the visits were happening because half the time the pickups and drop offs we're done by SF. Now we are all friends and have hung out several times.
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM

SD doesn't have a current SF.

SF#1, while he was married to BM, not so great. He thought it was acceptable to try to phyiscally intimidate me and yell at me at an exchange while I was holding DS when he was 1. Post divorce? Things were good. He remained a "friend" to SD for a while, until he got engaged and his new wife (who didn't have kids) got really jealous of his relationship with SD and put an end to it.

SF#2, I don't think we spoke more than 10 words to each other the entire time he and BM were married.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I am the only stepparent, we haven't been fortunate to have a SF in the picture, we really wanted that for BM.

RMCmata
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Meet bm bf once almost 2 years ago. See him when we drop off ss but he and I don't communicate. We have no need too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)