Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not sure if I'm able to just get over this

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

After the most recent event ...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114270/forums/read/18586161/Am_I_wrong_here_to_not_want_to_be_at_all_involved

... and most notedly my DH's response to it - I am also feeling near years of pent up shit that has also been done and never resolved by DH as well come crashing down on me too.

I know this isn't healthy on my part and will talk to someone about - but it just seems so damn heavy right now. 

Has anyone else ever felt like this before?

And "by this" I mean almost like the breaking straw point and because of hardly able to even rationally just look at the single current event because you're also feeling finally pissed off about all the crap DH handled so poorly in your favor before. 

I hate feeling this way - so angry at him and all ugly inside and so fed up and hopeless of him ever seeing the damn light and fully stepping up and into the husband he promised that he would be - 

by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm....I think you have to handle each issue as they come about or deal with the core issue that is at the root of you being angry with him. Would you try some marriage counselling? Even if he doesn't go, I think individual counselling could help better handle how you are feeling (pissed and angry) and the situation in general.

sarawags
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Thanks, I agree, you're right. 

I'm actually starting to wonder if maybe I'm having a little post partum relatedness too - everything seems to piss me off more lately - my baby is 2 months old and I also had one not too long before that - he's 18 months - not sure if that's a symptom of or not.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Hmmm....I think you have to handle each issue as they come about or deal with the core issue that is at the root of you being angry with him. Would you try some marriage counselling? Even if he doesn't go, I think individual counselling could help better handle how you are feeling (pissed and angry) and the situation in general.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM

That could be just have a newborn and an eighteen month old, that is tough and you are bound to be very stressed and will be easily pissed. Nonetheless talk to a professional, and try to get some time to yourself too.

Quoting sarawags:

Thanks, I agree, you're right. 

I'm actually starting to wonder if maybe I'm having a little post partum relatedness too - everything seems to piss me off more lately - my baby is 2 months old and I also had one not too long before that - he's 18 months - not sure if that's a symptom of or not.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

sarawags
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Thanks - that's a good idea - I will do that before I just up and bag this whole step family thing like I kind of feel like doing right now.

OvrMyHead
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh man, I was totally postpartum depressed for the first 6-8 months after I had my babies (that was awhile ago though :)  ).  I totally hear you though, about getting fed up with your DH and feeling hopeless.  I agree, its important to deal with issues as they come up but sometimes things build and build.  I just went through a rough patch with DH and we ended up making some changes and things are going well now.

So, I would start with what changes you need to be made and tell your DH how you  are feeling. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you can't stop thinking about the same things over and over that too is a sign of depression.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)