Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

haircuts...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 4 Replies

I never really understood the haircut issue. Maybe its because I dont have a daughter but it just seemed so petty.

When I met dh sd was 2 almost 3 and had never had a haircut. Her hair was just past her ears. She was born at 23 weeks and was bald as could be for the first 18ish months. Then bm took sd for a haircut. It was above her ears. Dh was livid.. his parents told sd that girls have to have long hair to be pretty.. so I went and had my waist length hair cut to my ears and sd couldnt have been happier. She was so devastated when grandma and grandpa told her she wasnt pretty because her mom cut her hair.

Over the past 3 years dh and bm have had numerous fights about hair. Bm has cp and cannot keep up with sds hair if it gets long so she keeps it cut short. At dhs request I taught sd how to brush her hair and put it in a ponytail or put a headband in...

Bm started letting sds hair grow. It was almost to her shoulders ... when sd came over this weekend with a bob cut. I think its adorable but dh is pissed. Her hair starts to curl when it gets long and its really pretty.. but I think this is just as cute..

Heres a picture from the carnival yesterday... what do you think?
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
newstepmom61811
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM

My niece has a cute little blonde bob and it's just so stylish...I think it's a cute cut, especially for summer, cool off the neck and still girlie with movement...

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM
I think your SD looks adorable!

Hair is the battle I pick to fight. I don't fight most battles... But hair is my one minor thing I will go into crazy Batshit momma bear BM mode on. My DD's hair is super important to me for some reason.

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I think it's cute
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM

She's adorable!  Maybe she wanted it cut like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)