Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Holy Cow I am not the only one!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:22 PM
  • 42 Replies

All I want to say is thank god and thank you!  I struggle almost daily I have been in a relationship where I have 2 children and he has 2 children and we have been doing this blended family bit for over 4 yrs now and it only seems to get harder and I keep asking myself what am I doing wrong?  It has to get easier right? 

Well I am not grateful that anyone else is struggling it is so nice to know that I am not the only one dealing with difficult stepchildren.  My stepdaughter is the exception to everything holy at my home she has the master bedroom, she can do no wrong and if she does it is ignored and just just dusted under the carpet while if my biological children were to do wrong it would be unacceptable.  I also have a stepson and I will say that he is a good boy for the most part he does have his moments but mostly he is a boy and they are typical.  However my daughter is 14 and my sd is 12 and yet the things that my sd does I still dont allow my dtr to do because I dont have final say in her life her mom and my other half do.  I feel like a live in servant to this child and it is nice to know that others have similar issues ....so thank you for this group and I look forward to any and all advice angel

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Why does your 12 year old SD have the masterbedroom in your home?

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Master bedroom? No shit?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Holy crap! She has the master bedroom?? My grandma is 88 years old and lives with my folks. She doesn't even have the master bedroom!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarawags
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I actually am not a fan of the whole online hugs thing - but in this case - (((((((hugs))))))?  Lol - ;) 

sarawags
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Lmao!  No shit - is right - ;) 

Okay - in SD's potential defense though - are her parents divorced or did her mom die?  And in the case that her mom did die - was the master bedroom her room? 

Quoting saywhat2102:

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I can get on board with being extra careful and extra sympathetic if a child loses his/her mom/dad.  But I wouldn't go as far as to let them squat in the masterbedroom "just because it was mommy's".  I'd be more apt to give her a scarf or a knick knack that was mom's...or even a picture.  But a ROOM?  NO.  That would be weird.  At that point, I would be calling a therapist.

Quoting sarawags:

Okay - in SD's potential defense though - are her parents divorced or did her mom die?  And in the case that her mom did die - was the master bedroom her room? 

Quoting saywhat2102:

melissa632
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:34 PM
The master bedroom? Really? That's insane.
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Ummm wow. Master bedroom.... I can't even wrap my head around this one lol.
spin99
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:35 PM

thank you for all the love and support no the mom is still very much alive and involved in our lives... there is a shared custody arrangement so we have my sk every other week and every day after school till 430-5 when the mom comes and picks the kids up.  so No its not a matter of the mom being dead I am a very giving woman, my guy says he doesnt want the master because this is the house that he shared with his exwife and so his dtr should have it...

sarawags
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I had the master bedroom my dad slept in after he died and my mom remarried at this girls same age - up until they remodeled the house and made a new master bedroom in its place. 

Quoting sandeeyo:

I can get on board with being extra careful and extra sympathetic if a child loses his/her mom/dad.  But I wouldn't go as far as to let them squat in the masterbedroom "just because it was mommy's".  I'd be more apt to give her a scarf or a knick knack that was mom's...or even a picture.  But a ROOM?  NO.  That would be weird.  At that point, I would be calling a therapist.

Quoting sarawags:

Quoting saywhat2102:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN