Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Meeting SS for first time tonight

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 26 Replies
I'm meeting my SO's son for the first time tonight, they are on their way home right now. They still have another 2 1/2 hours before they get here! So really I don't think I'll be meeting him much since it will be so late. I hope he likes me. I'm concerned because his BMW has 4 other kids now, and I'm expecting our first, and I'm scared he will be resentful since it has always been him and dad. He has already said that he is sleeping in dads bed and dad said that was fine. Well I don't feel comfortable with that AT ALL! And to make matters worse SO has a friend visiting from across country that will be crashing on our couch. So this big old pregnant lady has to sleep on the floor or an air mattress. And with our house being 90 degrees right now, I think I'm in for a rough night. I'm glad I get to meet him and SO gets to have him for the summer but I already feel very pushed out of the way it seems. Sorry this is all over the place I'm just having a lot of anxiety over this summer.
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome and stick around.  You are going to need some support...

HighRoadToPnH
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:04 AM
How old is he?
HighRoadToPnH
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Definitely dont push yourself on him, just take a relaxed approach, let him adjust. But be friendly and welcoming if course! He might not like you at first, take it in stride try not to take it too personally and try not to stress about it.
Wyokrys
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM

He is 9. 

stepdiva
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Uh oh.
Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
This. What guy pushes his pregnant gf out of bed to sleep on the floor or air mattress?! Wtf?!

Quoting stepdiva:

Uh oh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:34 AM
This. What guy pushes his pregnant gf out of bed to sleep on the floor or air mattress?! Wtf?!

Quoting stepdiva:

Uh oh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyokrys
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Quoting Quinn525:

Quoting stepdiva:

Uh oh.

I made the choice to sleep on the air mattress. He said that I could sleep with them but I don't feel comfortable with that.
AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm curious (if you've said prior forgive me) but why haven't you met him yet?  And why can't SO's DS sleep on the air mattress?  

Emotions are NOT a pregnant woman's friend.....I would like to think he's more considerate than it seems - I wouldn't be happy about being asked to sleep A) with a child I don't know or B)on the floor when, if it's so important to SO that he sleep w/his child, THEY don't camp out and sleep on the floor.  Chivalry is dead

fstysxofthebtt
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:11 AM
2 moms liked this
9 and sleeping in bed with dad? hell no, I would be in my bed ss would be on air mattress
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)