Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Hoping all is done on Monday.

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

So on Monday, DH has what is supposed to be his final court hearing for custody. On May 20, his ex agreed to have her rights removed. So we figured clear sailing. Everyone was on the same page. Well maternal grandmother threw a major curve ball and on June 7th filed for custody. Per DH and DSS in NY state, her reasons are not enough to get her custody (doctors are there, family close by). She actually would have to prove that DH is unfit/unable to care for SS. 

That last line, well that is impossible. Here is why. SS has Aspergers (aka High Functioning Autism or HFA) and ADHD. Well so does my ODS. DH has helped raise ODS for the past four years (another fyi, ODS is 9 and SS is 6 1/2). DH has had a major role in ODS's life, and ODS is really thriving. Now of course the two boys are not exactly the same, but it's nothing that DH can't handle. 

Anyway, I have been muddling this through my head the last few days, and just felt like "saying something" just for a bit of relief. Even though there is a really strong chance DH will win, in the end it is up to the judge. I know I will be sitting nervously in the waiting area for this to be over. 

Oh and one more thing I forgot, DSS wants DH to have full custody of SS. So that is a major thing in his favor. 

Ok, I feel a bit better. Thanks for letting me spill all that out. :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jules2boys
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck Monday.  I hope there are no more new surprises for DH.

ramita
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Goodluck
bottomline
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Well it sounds like DH has a great case and will get custody. Sorry you had to go through all the drama to get to that point, but it will be worth it to both SS and DH.

Good luck on Monday!

Frustrated10
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck on Monday!

pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck on Monday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)